• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

9 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Icon still has over an 1" liquid equivalent for KBUF and 1.5" for KROC and KSYR...still looks like good snow totals will be realized all upstate.

Hmmm. Which ICON map are you seeing? 12z? Mine has Roc .75-1”, BUF less. Low resolution tidbits. AND it’s only the ICON. I’m not concerned. Just watching the bumps

4 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Maybe its just me but i'm not seeing a significant difference between the 12z model runs and also in comparison to the small trends/perturbations that exist from each model's run to run.  Certainly not from a sensible weather standpoint.

Not too much overall. Just interesting from a met standpoint. 

Through January 16, Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse have seen below normal seasonal snowfall. The weekend storm should do much to reduce the snowfall deficits in those cities. In fact, Albany, Rochester, and Syracuse could move above normal by the time the storm departs. Binghamton, which has received 38.8" snow to date (2.6" above normal) should move farther ahead of normal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Hi Matt! Have faith bro. The track still looks good for you guys in my opinion. This storm is small by your areas comparison but some models bring a nice lump north. 

Thanks, Dave. This storm is large for this winter...I moved here for one of the Tug's lamest winters so far.

3 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

Through January 16, Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse have seen below normal seasonal snowfall. The weekend storm should do much to reduce the snowfall deficits in those cities. In fact, Albany, Rochester, and Syracuse could move above normal by the time the storm departs. Binghamton, which has received 38.8" snow to date (2.6" above normal) should move farther ahead of normal.

Good summary Don.  Looking forward to an ne.wx snowfall contest on this one.  I think there will be enough stations in play...

• Like 1

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

These maps are all wrong...they show New England getting too much snow...

:P

SNE south of I-90 is a big ? mark.   South coast of CT/RI/MA (I-95 corridor to Taunton) will probably roast and flood.  Interior...could be a mess or a decent hit.

1 minute ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

SNE goes from a thumping snow to mix then rain then perhaps back to snow for a bit, YUK!  I'd love to see them rain from start to finish with temps in the 50's, then as temps plummet, moisture should be coming to a screeching halt, lol!

Could you imagine the darts they'd be flinging at each other? Lol...they're quite the hostile crew.