• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

All I know is this, its Dec 28th and I'm sitting at close to 50" for the season with avg temps if you wanna use Nov and Dec so it's seriously not the end of the world, just YET, except for KROC, you guys are done, lol.

Models are gonna do a 180 here real soon and everyone should come down off their ledges, except of course for the New Englanders and the Mid Atl crews, as their Winters were done before they ever started. I expect most systems that come up the ESeaboard may be inland runners as opposed to coastal runners or Benchmark runners so we'll see how that works out as the main storm track has yet to reveal itself so.......

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Each day I think something has got to give. I look to see if the models are giving any sign of hope. And each day I’m astounded that they actually look worse. Lol. One of these days we WILL see a run that offers some hope. 

You guys posting runs with an inch or two to try and rally the troops are really ‘half full’ people. Lol

Monday Night
Rain and snow showers before 9pm, then rain showers between 9pm and 3am, then rain and snow showers likely after 3am. Low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
New Year's Day
Snow likely, possibly mixed with rain before 9am, then a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Tuesday Night
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Wednesday
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Wednesday Night
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Thursday
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. Chance of precipitation is 40%

This cold airmass will set the stage for a return of lake effect
snow. An upper level trough will pass through the area Wednesday and
Thursday, thus there will likely be some oscillation to the lake
bands of snow, but there may be moderate to potentially heavy lake
effect snow east of the lakes towards the end of this forecast
period.

Happy Spring everyone!  Went out for a run in shorts and tee shirt this morning, heading to the golf course this afternoon to play a few holes (seriously, I am). Looking forward to doing it again on NY day.

Trust me, I would rather be talking about upcoming or future snowstorms and cold, but not seeing it right now...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Last time i checked this is a weather board where we talk about ALL weather..

Did you see the Tsunami in Indonesia? I was planning on going there in a few months.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/indonesia-tsunami-krakatoa-death-toll-expected-to-rise-injured-11069446

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Did you see the Tsunami in Indonesia? I was planning on going there in a few months.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/indonesia-tsunami-krakatoa-death-toll-expected-to-rise-injured-11069446

When I was there the hostels discussed tsunami risk a bit but it was one of those "Not much you can do".  Indonesia and Thailand is where I thought about tsunamis a bit, thinking of highest spot I could get to fastest. Weirdly never really crossed my mind when I was in Cambodia/Vietnam/Malaysia

Where are you thinking of going in Indonesia? I would recommend hiking Mount Bateur, Ubud monkey forest was cool and for the beach I ferried to the island of gili t. haha ferries over there is when I actually felt the most at risk. Little to no safety and older ships=my mind thinking how would I get out of this one  

• Like 2