• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

Yeah quite a shift south on the models, Euro shows a dramatic shift to the south taking heavy snow to most of PA, in fact perilously too close for NW WNY where it's looking like 3 or 4 inches only. Now I don't believe that as even the AFD this morning says there will be considerable help from LO Buffalo north. A lot of runs yet but definitely a change.

• Like 1

We should start looking more closely into guidance come Thursday as this thing is still offshore.  I'm not that concerned yet but come tomorrow nights 00Z Fri we should start to close in on a solution for sure I would think.  06Z GFS looks spectacular  but who cares, lol but it looks ideal for at least a 12-18" swath right through the state but like I said lots of time yet!

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_16.png

16 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Definitely looks more likely with regards to snow amounts but I'd take this in a heart beat, loil!

gfs_asnow_neus_22.png

What these models don't do well with is the mesoscale optics. There will be considerable help from the lakes with a storm track such as this. I think the high res NAM tomorrow will start to get into its range that shows us the synoptic and mesoscale details much clearer.

As far as I can tell the Globals have got this thing and I can't imagine anything too drastic occurring in the next 2-3 days to change that but thats just me.  Check this out

ecmwf_T850_neus_5.png

gfs_T850_neus_16.png

fv3p_T850_neus_16.png

gem_T850_neus_18.png

navgem_mslp_pcpn_neus_17.png

icon_mslp_pcpn_neus_32.png

jma_z500_mslp_us_4.png

Thats every model; we look at except the meso's, too early obviously but they are all in the same general vicinity with their SLP's so I don't see an issue at all with 3 days till start time as the globals are well within range for this thing as we've been tracking it for 10 days now, lol!

Just re-read the AFD this morning. Says wind vector will almost be due north at a 20 vector on Saturday night and Sunday. They do say SIGNIFICANT lake enhancement for all areas south of lake Ontario. They also say it should still be a plowable snow. That last part doesn't exactly evoke confidence as plows come out when there's only 3". Losing a little confidence in this storm.

1 minute ago, wolfie09 said:

12z vs 0z

Weaker and east but not by a ton..

download.png

download.png

High N of the Dakotas is weaker too but the storm is weaker too thus being a little east. If we can get a foot from this it’d be a huge success in my eyes but I’m starting to doubt that now. Think this is gonna be a New England special... what else is new?