• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Hey Nick, what are your thoughts on storm totals? Thinking a general 10-20" across this area? 

Thats probably a decent first guess. Id beware of some of the obsene qpf being thrown out in the models. In the end, its still not a closed off system in the mid levels. Risk of less than ideal snow growth with warmer than you might expect 600 to 700mb layer where lift is located. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WesterlyWx said:

00z GFS coming in a good bit weaker and SE thru hour 90.

Yeah, its a much more elongated low pressure center, less organized.  This might help slow that NW trend but I'd still like to see a sub 1000mb system coming out of the Ohio valley.  We need a happy medium here.  

Just now, DeltaT13 said:

Yeah, its a much more elongated low pressure center, less organized.  This might help slow that NW trend but I'd still like to see a sub 1000mb system coming out of the Ohio valley.  We need a happy medium here.  

Yeah with less phasing and the low being more strung out means plenty of room for SE shifts and lighter precip rates over WNY at least. We want it phased and strong just not too much. Oy!

3 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Run just looks goofy. Entire thing basically turns into a cold front. Actually weakens everything

Yeah, it does look goofy.  Between hrs 90 and 96 looks like it jumps the low due south from KY to AL. I'll pull the "it's suffering from convective feedback" card out for this run.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1