• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 minute ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Apparently everyone around these parts remember 93' otherwise 66' thats for around here not KROC so I don't know.

I think 1966, 1993 for synoptic and maybe Feb 2007 for LES (100" in a week storm) are benchmark storms. The LES was mainly up in Oswego county but was epic. I worked up there at the time and drove it every day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tim123 said:

We got 24 inches from it then 3 days later 18 from another storm. Was in march.

I was 18 years old in my first year of meteorology at SUNY Brockport.  I remember it incredibly well as we were snowed in the dorms for days.  The storm was forecast but snow amounts missed low by a good margin.  

Nope, but I'd have to check for sure but I doubt it.  I don't even think they were posted for the Feb 100+ so I doubt any other were worthy.  VD 07 was a strong one as well but no dice on blizzard warnings.  They happen more out by you guys apparently.  I think it goes by office too so.....

13 minutes ago, tim123 said:

We got 24 inches from it then 3 days later 18 from another storm. Was in march.

I remember these storms... Basically 2 strong waves along a frontal boundary. No blizzard warnings but epic nonetheless. First wave started as heavy rain. 

8 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

You didnt get one for the March 12th, 2014 storm??  I thought Buffalo upgraded all the South Shore counties to Blizzard warnings for that one..

2014 actually had 2 Blizzard warnings at KBUF...the first in early January which was lake effect/enhanced hybrid and the second was in early March around the 11th or 12th time frame. We also had an odd Blizzard warning out of nowhere in January 2017 from Lake effect that blew up and caught everyone by surprise...its the same storm that a huge pileup occurred on the 90 East bound right in front of the airport.