• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

It will be unfrozen then but will quickly freeze lol we will have a few days of potential. That cold won’t happen though. Fv3 has been terrible. 

I hope she stays open so we can get at least one lake storm this year.  Sure a half dozen synoptic events in 2 weeks are great but just not the same as a good old lake dumping!  

• Like 1

We are in the midst of potential historical weather in upstate NY , the kind that could become an analog talked about for decades like 77, 85, 2014 and 15. I don't think it's out of bounds to realistically discuss 2 to 3 feet of snow over a good portion of upstate within the next 10 days and bitter cold thereafter.

16 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

This year no lock ins on a SW flow.  All quick hits and swinging bands.  Like 3” tops each hit.  

We had that NW flow that ended up totaling about 5”, but it was over such a long period that it may not have even been advisory level.

Other than that, a couple bands that swing through and left 2-3”. 

This has been the worst lake effect season in years here. Fingers crossed we get something decent before the freeze-up.

• Like 3

Just now, WNash said:

We had that NW flow that ended up totaling about 5”, but it was over such a long period that it may not have even been advisory level.

Other than that, a couple bands that swing through and left 2-3”. 

This has been the worst lake effect season in years here. Fingers crossed we get something decent before the freeze-up.

Here as well.

As event firms up will need to look at model soundings to see if we can get best UVV and dendrite zone to align.  Kuchera probably shows high end potential given its incorporation of thermal profile in snow ratios but other factors have a say also.

this isn’t really a classic nor’easter...more of a lee side low that follows a thermal boundary ENE.

And wow, GEM caved...

GFS shows a closed 700mb low forming on the lee side of the Rockies but it opens up as it moves east. So this thing looks to mainly tap a lot of gulf moisture and sling it north along the boundary the slp follows. So winds shouldn’t be much of an issue during the storm.  You can see the progression below.

47E8E11D-1EDF-4D9B-BCAE-846E89626FF7.png

59A16EBF-BD7E-40F0-AFC3-8058651CAA14.png

• Like 1

Only 3 more days of model runs to go... :axe: although it does look promising.  Being inside of h144 helps increase confidence in at least a 6” storm, unless there are major shifts in NWP over the next couple of days. 
Do you know every time a potential system enters the pic, the first thing I do is block Syrmax, RLMAO, cause hes the biggest debbie downer there is and I dont want any negative posts from here on in, lol! Then as soon as it passes, I unblock him!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk