• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

3 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Happens down here quite often too.  Ive seen it spray snow all night with a full moon so yeah, I've experienced it and its awesome.

Yeah, it happened the other night too. It was really cool seeing it with the sun shining on it this morning. Looked like shards of fine glass falling.

1 minute ago, Superstorm said:

Saw that happen in Nebraska with brutal cold air in place. Left a nice coating of snow on everything.

Cool! I am guessing it might be more common in the Plains states.

Latest medium range model guidance continuing to suggest a large and potent surface low pressure will track south of the region over the weekend. Models do show considerable amount of moisture being pulled northward into the system. With most of the model guidance suggesting we will be well on the cold side of the system widespread accumulating snow is expected likely starting late in the day Saturday into a good portion of Sunday. Additional lake enhanced/effect component will come into play on the back side of the system with additional accumulating snows likely. Although forecast details at this range are a bit uncertain, this storm system will need to be monitored closely, as there is potential for significant winter storm impacts for the entire area, including heavy snowfall and strong winds which could have significant travel implications during this weekend.

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Got one.  I never joke.  Unless it's about 18Z Euro runs. Which don't exist. ;)

If I remember correctly Wolfie posted some 18z Euro runs a while back but your a cruel sick person for messing with our mental physche after the winter we've had so far and our(or at least mine)  fragile state of mind haha! 

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

If I remember correctly Wolfie posted some 18z Euro runs a while back but your a cruel sick person for messing with our mental physche after the winter we've had so far and our(or at least mine)  fragile state of mind haha! 

I am here to throw gas on the fire of the board. ;)

In all seriousness, not sure how comfy we should be at 5-6 days out being basically in/near the bullseye for a snowstorm.  But it looks groovy now 

I am here to throw gas on the fire of the board.
In all seriousness, not sure how comfy we should be at 5-6 days out being basically in/near the bullseye for a snowstorm.  But it looks groovy now 

I feel super duper comfy right now and nothing can change that not even you, lol! Theres no way, and I never speak in absolutes with weather, but I will this time around, lol. If it doesnt snow, I'll streak naked down my road and lll film it, in below zero weather, lol!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

So I've been a lurker here for years and am a huge fan of snow...however this weekend is especially interesting to me as I have a 6am flight to catch on sunday. I've never had a flight delayed or canceled because of snow in buffalo but it looks like this storm has the ability to make that happen.

Welcome man! I doubt a flight gets canceled out of Buffalo for a storm that isn’t lake effect. You should be fine. What part of buffalo are you from? Definitely post more! 

5 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

So I've been a lurker here for years and am a huge fan of snow...however this weekend is especially interesting to me as I have a 6am flight to catch on sunday. I've never had a flight delayed or canceled because of snow in buffalo but it looks like this storm has the ability to make that happen.

The main threat for you getting canceled is if the airlines preemptively cancel a ton of flights and your plane doesnt make it into Buffalo.  It's rare for a flight out of Buffalo to be canceled for snow alone, and you would be one of the first ones out.  Still hard to pin down when we will get the heaviest stuff but that departure appears somewhat in the middle of this event. 

If this trip is really critical and you had the ability/resources I would consider moving up your departure to Sat Afternoon just to be safe.  

1 hour ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

I feel super duper comfy right now and nothing can change that not even you, lol! Theres no way, and I never speak in absolutes with weather, but I will this time around, lol. If it doesnt snow, I'll streak naked down my road and lll film it, in below zero weather, lol!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Will you have access to this forum from jail? :P

• Haha 1