• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

25 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I counted about 7-8 events in that gfs run. Lots of synoptic, lake enhanced and lake snow chances 

Sure all in fantasy land, never coming closer than hour 156. If I counted all the fantasyland snow this year I'd be well above average instead of 50% of average snowfall most of which coming in November. I know I'm overreacting to a lot right now I'm just sick of seeing run after run looking promising only to change for the worse one way or another as it gets within D5-7. I can only hope your right with a parade of synoptic, lake enhanced, and lake effect but I sure wouldn't bet even a dollar on it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Sure all in fantasy land, never coming closer than hour 156. If I counted all the fantasyland snow this year I'd be well above average instead of 50% of average snowfall most of which coming in November. I know I'm overreacting to a lot right now I'm just sick of seeing run after run looking promising only to change for the worse one way or another as it gets within D5-7. I can only hope your right with a parade of synoptic, lake enhanced, and lake effect but I sure wouldn't bet even a dollar on it. 

I disagree. Cold air was not showing up beyond 3-4 weeks in any long range forecast since dec 1st. We have the cold now. It’s coming 

24 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

A few runs ago we had that unusual 2 part storm with the secondary low forming off the coast late in the weekend.  Current runs seems to be evolving towards one primary low on more of a miller A path with everything dialed back about 36 hours.  

Just a parade of storms on that GFS, we scrape the first one, but there is 2-3 that follow where we are direct hits. With that blocking they are just following that longwave through. 

RhEi8Nt.gif

You don't even need to focus on specific storms when you have this pattern. Something is going to produce 100%. We're in between the + PNA and Greenland Blocking with a great source of cold air with that Hudson bay low and its in the prime portion of winter. Someone in the northeast will have feet upon feet of snow in the next 6 weeks. 

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_28.png

• Like 2

Next two weeks look very exciting.  Such an active pattern for the Northeast and Mid Atlantic.  

This is exactly what we want to see.  Hard to tell if at the very end the pattern is reloading or if the trough is retrograding towards the West coast.  I'll remain optimistic that its reloading, several weeks of below normal temps with lots of potential.  

gfs-ens_z500a_us_fh0-384.thumb.gif.67ca73d354a30a433cce2c55bfe78132.gif

• Like 1