• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

I think we're over thinking this coming event. It is a good match for the trough that pushes through on Wednesday and stalls the front just to our east allowing the LP system from the south to push NE along that front. I think we are in store for a good old fashioned snowstorm with L. Ontario enhancement.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I think we're over thinking this coming event. It is a good match for the trough that pushes through on Wednesday and stalls the front just to our east allowing the LP system from the south to push NE along that front. I think we are in store for a good old fashioned snowstorm with L. Ontario enhancement.

Couldn’t agree more. I’m getting ahead of myself. It’s a great set up for a classic LP that rides a frontal boundary. It’s not some epic Miller A that rides up the coast. All the big indicators are well positioned for a moderate to big storm but probably not a blizzard. 

I think the excitement is the result of this horrible winter (thus far). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Couldn’t agree more. I’m getting ahead of myself. It’s a great set up for a classic LP that rides a frontal boundary. It’s not some epic Miller A that rides up the coast. All the big indicators are well positioned for a moderate to big storm but probably not a blizzard. 

I think the excitement is the result of this horrible winter (thus far). 

It has a low margin of error in that it’s such a huge area of snow compared to miller a that have a very high degree of error. 20-30 miles with those and your talking about rain or 12” of snow. I don’t see that with thia storm unless we get something similarl to the gem

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I think my hesitation is the result of this horrible winter (thus far). 

Fixed... :)

• Like 1

Saturday
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 18. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Saturday Night
Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Sunday
A chance of snow. Cloudy and cold, with a high near 9. Chance of precipitation is 50%
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:
Saturday
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 18. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Saturday Night
Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Sunday
A chance of snow. Cloudy and cold, with a high near 9. Chance of precipitation is 50%

If that plays out..  very similar to January 2005. Temp wise anyway.