• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

This is a really nice look next week after Monday and Tuesdays event, a leftover trough draped over the area for a couple days with plummeting temps. This can be a really nice event for the whole South Shore so I'd keep an eye on how this evolves. Perfect set-up for KROC for reals!

prateptype_cat.us_ne.png

prateptype_cat.us_ne.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

RGEM is picking up on a light amount of Lake Effect in eastern Wayne County. Something to watch. Revracer? 

I don't want any snow lol. 

I'm in Oswego county, very extreme southwest corner. Cayuga county is like 1/2 mile away. I would like to use my 4 wheeler to plow with lol. 

13 minutes ago, Revracer800 said:

I don't want any snow lol. 

I'm in Oswego county, very extreme southwest corner. Cayuga county is like 1/2 mile away. I would like to use my 4 wheeler to plow with lol. 

Yeah. I knew that (I guess). I think near Hannibal? I used to drive through that town driving from Rochester to SUNY Oswego. Always had the most snow. 

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Every time I see pics of European snow, it looks like extremely wet, heavy, low-ratio snow. It looks like Mashed potatoes.

This snow is being caused by sea effect off of the Adriatic Sea. Also, these towns are in the Appenine mountains at a couple thousand feet so I doubt it’s extremely high density snow. 

Got some outdoor cleanup done today and Holiday lights taken down. Really nice, low 40s with sun and light wind.  Only snow left is a Trace in shady spots.  Quite the mild stretch from basically mid December thru first full week of January. Seems to be a recurring theme. Odd.