Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Sorry Tug, not sure how the cloudy and snowy is better than this. ^_^

image.jpeg.355ee2ea3fe3a6dc28121b34ec06ce17.jpeg

I'll take that every day.  ;)

42" thus far this season IMBY.  Over half of that was in November.  Despite a weak December for snow we had the Christmas "miracle."  It could be much worse. Jan-Mar (and 1/2 April) still to go.  I've recorded 2 winters here, out of 14, where snowfall was close to 50" total...which is still ~2x the seasonal average of where I used to live along the I-95 corridor.  So this winter season is a long way from a disaster despite a milquetoast performance in December.  Though I realize many others have been less fortunate this season to date.  Patience.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Sorry Tug, not sure how the cloudy and snowy is better than this. ^_^

image.jpeg.355ee2ea3fe3a6dc28121b34ec06ce17.jpeg

In due time lol

I already told the wifey give me 10-15 years to get sick of the cold and snow then we're off to an island lol

Top choice for me is Bermuda, beautiful island, beautiful people (especially in those Bermuda shorts) and most importantly SAFE..

Many islands u can't even get off the boat after dark lol Not in Bermuda, very friendly people..

Also don't have to worry as much about hurricanes and other natural disasters..

• Haha 1

Just now, wolfie09 said:

In due time lol

I already told the wifey give me 10-15 years to get sick of the cold and snow then we're off to an island lol

Top choice for me is Bermuda, beautiful island, beautiful people (especially in those Bermuda shorts) and most importantly SAFE..

Many island u can't even get off the boat after dark lol Not in Bermuda, very friendly people..

One of the best places to live on the Planet, for sure!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

In due time lol

Many islands u can't even get off the boat after dark lol Not in Bermuda, very friendly people..

I agree. Osu actually worked on Bermuda for 2 years as a Met

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

When I was there the hostels discussed tsunami risk a bit but it was one of those "Not much you can do".  Indonesia and Thailand is where I thought about tsunamis a bit, thinking of highest spot I could get to fastest. Weirdly never really crossed my mind when I was in Cambodia/Vietnam/Malaysia

Where are you thinking of going in Indonesia? I would recommend hiking Mount Bateur, Ubud monkey forest was cool and for the beach I ferried to the island of gili t. haha ferries over there is when I actually felt the most at risk. Little to no safety and older ships=my mind thinking how would I get out of this one  

I was thinking Bali but debating between there and Thailand. 

3 minutes ago, southbuffalowx said:

Accepted an offer for my first job out of school! It's about 60 miles north of NYC, so hopefully Lake Erie gives me one last good lake effect event before I move down in less than a month.

At least this winter is preparing me for what every winter is probably like down there lol

Congrats!! Let me know what you think of the nor’easters down there! What field do you work in? 

2 hours ago, Syrmax said:

I'll take that every day.  ;)

42" thus far this season IMBY.  Over half of that was in November.  Despite a weak December for snow we had the Christmas "miracle."  It could be much worse. Jan-Mar (and 1/2 April) still to go.  I've recorded 2 winters here, out of 14, where snowfall was close to 50" total...which is still ~2x the seasonal average of where I used to live along the I-95 corridor.  So this winter season is a long way from a disaster despite a milquetoast performance in December.  Though I realize many others have been less fortunate this season to date.  Patience.

December is my favorite winter month, so it sucks losing it. If I had my perfect winter it would be with winter starting Nov 15th and ending around March 15th with a quick switch to warm weather. It would feature lots of big Lake effect Events and 1-2 big synoptic events. Basically the winter of 2014-2015. That was the best winter I've lived through, almost impossible to top that in the suburbs and hard to top even in the ski country. 

• Like 2

Since we don't have a banter thread obviously I'll post this here.. Wondering what some of your thoughts on this is..

To me if alcohol is legal so should pot..

It's hard to find even one positive about alcohol..

I think eventually all 50 states will end prohibition..

Screenshot_20181228-212055.png

Legalization could bring in between $248 million and $677 million in new tax revenue in its first year, the report said. In addition, it could also ease the opioid crisis and mitigate racial disparities in the criminal justice system.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Since we don't have a banter thread obviously I'll post this here.. Wondering what some of your thoughts on this is..

Legalization could bring in between $248 million and $677 million in new tax revenue in its first year, the report said. In addition, it could also ease the opioid crisis and mitigate racial disparities in the criminal justice system.

My parents are both alcoholics, so I'd rather them be addicted to weed then Alcohol. My uncle died at 56 from alcohol withdrawal, my grandpa died of liver cancer at 72. There has never been a weed related death, yet alcohol kills thousands per year. My sister has the medicinal card for marijuana for her chronic headaches, it's a great method of pain management. 

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear that, hopefully they eventually get the help they need..

My issue is cigarettes which kills more people than anything, I have not touched a drink in like 5 years, does absolutely nothing for me..

I have gad (general anxiety disorder) and ADHD, only thing that helps cope with life is some recreational activity..

I refuse to take pharmaceuticals..

• Like 3

I'm a recreational drinker. I drink at parties, tailgates, bills/sabres games, etc... I do enjoy it, but would never get addicted to it. My dad is a functioning alcoholic, my mom has almost died a few times in the hospital from drinking too much. They are getting divorced after 33 years of marriage because of the alcohol problem. They feed off each other, it's so toxic. My problem is my caffeine addiction. I take in about 500 MG of Caffeine a day. If I don't get enough I get really bad withdrawal headaches, I think it's the strongest drug out there. I've tried to stop but its too hard. 

• Sad 1

I don’t do drugs or drink so I don’t plan to take advantage of legalization of weed, but I support it 100%. It’s stupid that it has been illegal and it has given a lot of regular people criminal records that ruin their lives. And it really enraged me that some prosecutors and police want it to stay illegal because it gives them probable cause for searches, and because they can hang drug possession charges and convictions on people they don’t like.

My only concern is drugged driving, but that happens now anyway. And I don’t have any problem with taking licenses and cars and freedom away from people who drive under the influence of any drug.

• Like 4

The new 06Z of the GFS isn't that bad at all after we get through Monday and Tuesday then it looks like things start to get a bit more interesting starting next Wed-Thursday with a strong Arctic Front moving through the area which drops a couple inches then turns into a W-WNW LES event but its a long ways off for any specifics, obviously!  The system for Monday-Tuesday isn't that bad either as we get dryslotted then the CF moves trough and changes whatever's left of the precip to snow.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

The new 06Z of the GFS isn't that bad at all after we get through Monday and Tuesday then it looks like things start to get a bit more interesting starting next Wed-Thursday with a strong Arctic Front moving through the area which drops a couple inches then turns into a W-WNW LES event but its a long ways off for any specifics, obviously!  The system for Monday-Tuesday isn't that bad either as we get dryslotted then the CF moves trough and changes whatever's left of the precip to snow.

I agree with you after Monday and Tuesday it is all uphill for you guys up there.  You will be on the good side of the storm tracks and you will have lake effect to boot!  I will be up that way in mid January for ten days.  Really looking forward to it.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

I’m stoned daily. I’m sure this comes as no surprise to many of you. Just a little bit, in edible form, really relaxes and soothes me. I used to be a drunk but this has helped to reform me. 

Its a freedom issue. Nobody should be allowed to tell me what I can and can’t put in my body. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I’m stoned daily. I’m sure this comes as no surprise to many of you. Just a little bit, in edible form, really relaxes and soothes me. I used to be a drunk but this has helped to reform me. 

Its a freedom issue. Nobody should be allowed to tell me what I can and can’t put in my body. 

Haha we have something in common bro ;)

I sweat the stuff out of my pores lol

Best thing about living in the country, freedom..

• Like 1

Just have to be patient, eventually we will get ours..

I have been dealing with an infected tooth for the last 2 weeks or so, excruciating pain, swollen jaw, face, lymph nodes etc..

On my 3rd day of antibiotics and finally starting to feel some relief..

Can't say i'm terribly upset over the lack of winter these last couple weeks lol

gem_asnow_us_40.png

The euro was so so lol

Cuts the storm on the 4th as well but not by much..986 mb over lake erie then 977mb over western Dacks..Good amount of wraparound/enhancement/LES on the backside..

Also features a northern stream disturbance far to the north that swings a cold front through on the 8th, light showers to LES showers..