• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2018-19

pasnownut

I never care what temp is before storm. I know the high at MDT was like 46F preceding Superstorm 93.

I always look at those mid level temps and proximity of 0C. Right now, those temps are too high and way too close to the wrong side of 0C to give this storm more than the occasional glance.

I still think we in Lancaster may squeak couple inches out of this, but the writing has been on the wall for a few days that this was not our storm. Soon as blocking or pseudo blocking was gone, holding CAD was going to be an issue.

Something that I thought of for the sake of lurkers to this forum or folks dropping by from other regions, is that we need to clarify what area that we are referencing when commenting.

Not everyone on here lives in Lancaster, York or Franklin County. Some of the comments need to reflect what area you are referencing or post a map to clarify.

I lurked for years on here before I joined & it was tough to get a grasp of things until you learned where everyone is from. The better posters made it easy, but you had to sift through several posts to get quality info sometimes.

Many places from the turnpike on north will do well today & our I- 80 crew should get crushed.

Just some thoughts on storm day to try to make this place better!

8 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

I never care what temp is before storm. I know the high at MDT was like 46F preceding Superstorm 93.

I always look at those mid level temps and proximity of 0C. Right now, those temps are too high and way too close to the wrong side of 0C to give this storm more than the occasional glance.

I still think we in Lancaster may squeak couple inches out of this, but the writing has been on the wall for a few days that this was not our storm. Soon as blocking or pseudo blocking was gone, holding CAD was going to be an issue.

This^^^^

9 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Something that I thought of for the sake of lurkers to this forum or folks dropping by from other regions, is that we need to clarify what area that we are referencing when commenting.

Not everyone on here lives in Lancaster, York or Franklin County. Some of the comments need to reflect what area you are referencing or post a map to clarify.

I lurked for years on here before I joined & it was tough to get a grasp of things until you learned where everyone is from. The better posters made it easy, but you had to sift through several posts to get quality info sometimes.

Many places from the turnpike on north will do well today & our I- 80 crew should get crushed.

Just some thoughts on storm day to try to make this place better!

Thanks for your consideration. It is a little tough, but I have a general idea of where posters live on here. If not, I stalk their profile...and if they don't have it on there, then I get irritated. :P

• Thanks 1

I wasn’t trying to b a d!ck but this is a discussion forum, and if I just wanna read Horst I will go to his page. He is likely right. He is good.  That said, I like chatting n learning on my own.   That’s why I’m here  

Commence spikin footballs 

9 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

WGAL predictor shows RAIN all the way up in State College. Hay-Zeus, that's a surge of warmf.

If the HRRR is right and the primary stays intact and runs from West Virginia to Scranton to Eastern NY state, it's no wonder plain rain gets so far north. Transfer doesn't take place until the low is near the Middletown/Newburgh area. The 12z HRRR run gets plain rain almost to Binghamton...

10 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I won’t be shocked if we get 8” or 2”

I was at a, well let's just call it an establishment for distinguished gentlemen once and there was a Bachelorette party in attendance. All the chief whores wore pink shirts that read "I won't be shocked if it's 2" or 8," except for the bride whose shirt read "He's black." 

Here, all this time I thought they were referring to some other shit. They were talking about snow. What a collection of nerds.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I was at a, well let's just call it an establishment for distinguished gentlemen once and there was a Bachelorette party in attendance. All the chief whores wore pink shirts that read "I won't be shocked if it's 2" or 8," except for the bride whose shirt read "He's black." 

Here, all this time I thought they were referring to some other shit. They were talking about snow. What a collection of nerds.

That was admirably squirrely!