• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2018-19

pasnownut

I was fishing the  conewago creek not to far from pinchot park at the onset of the snow tonight. It started at a good clip out there made the roads a little dicey earlier. Musky must be on fire caught my first ever two winter muskies while I was wallye fishing just at the onset of the snow . Still snowing here in fairview township.  After a moderate start  Its been very light here nonstop from the last several hours im probably closing in on 1.5" looks like it should end with another hour or two mod snow coming in now I think I am going to do well here tonight

Measured at the 1 inch mark outside with a nice steady light to moderate fluffy snow. Temp 27ºF. Also went into the yard and got an overall snow depth since I had snow left from last weeks lake effect and fringe snow from the DC special. That's at around 3.5" with tonight's snowfall so far. 

1 hour ago, Flatheadsickness said:

I live on the turnpike.

Your place, is it a booth on the exit or you crashing in a stall at Highspire travel plaza? I spent three years in a small booth at Gettysburg Pike exit. It was cold and uncomfortable with no toilet, but it made me who I am today.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Your place, is it a booth on the exit or you crashing in a stall at Highspire travel plaza? I spent three years in a small booth at Gettysburg Pike exit. It was cold and uncomfortable with no toilet, but it made me who I am today.

No nanny lives in a stall at milepost 242 in newcumberland. I can see her stall from my house window with binoculars. I thought I saw you there again the other day . Don't act like you dont know you dirty dog you.

CTP still has all of us in the LSV under a Winter Storm Watch, but for areas such as Dauphin, Cumberland, and Lebanon it's for the potential of 6" or more of snow. Lancaster and York counties is now 1" - 5" of snow. So to Blizzard of 93's point they've upped amounts from MDT north and west, and to my point they've somewhat lowered amounts down my way. (last night my watch was for 3"-5" like everyone else) 

Still snowing lightly, but I didn't get near what some of you got. I put the dog out, and would say there's only about a quarter inch out there.

As for the NWS forecast...man, if this was all snow. They won't give me frozen accumulations in the point-click, but for Saturday night, they say 1-2 inches of "precipitation". Too bad most of that in that time frame will be taint.

Just now, Voyager said:

Still snowing lightly, but I didn't get near what some of you got. I put the dog out, and would say there's only about a quarter inch out there.

As for the NWS forecast...man, if this was all snow. They won't give me frozen accumulations in the point-click, but for Saturday night, they say 1-2 inches of "precipitation". Too bad most of that in that time frame will be taint.

Did they change the wording in your Winter Storm Watch? I know last evening for your area it was 6" or more. 

Just now, Atomixwx said:

What surprised me is Brett Thackara (easily the most conservative of the TV Mets) with the 6-12 N&W of HBG. 

I have to work today. I expect to be briefed. 

I read your reply too quickly...was wondering why you were talking about your briefs...

I have to work as well. My company expects weather updates from me. Score!