• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2018-19

pasnownut

The issue for the LSV is where the boundary sets up, then having to deal with mid-level temperatures & especially surface temperatures. The question is what’s the normal error in that regard for this far out. 50miles??? Which is an issue when 25 miles makes a world of difference.

. Pro

Not sure how you guys feel about Bernie Rayno and his crew, but I just watched his periscope. Him and his boss said they don't see this thing shifting north, most likely south if anything, then followed that with"but it's weather so it could go either way or anything can happen" something to that extent haha. 

1 minute ago, JTrout said:

Not sure how you guys feel about Bernie Rayno and his crew, but I just watched his periscope. Him and his boss said they don't see this thing shifting north, most likely south if anything, then followed that with"but it's weather so it could go either way or anything can happen" something to that extent haha. 

you have a link to bernie?

5 minutes ago, 2001kx said:

you have a link to bernie?

https://twitter.com/AccuRayno

Usually these are better, he is sick and looks like he is using his phone, it's a mess, he has a hand drawn snow contour map in this one haha. He is a PA native though so I always listen to what he has to say.

He works for accuweather and uses their maps, but then says what he really thinks since it is twitter. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I used to love Accu Weather, especially Joe Lundberg. Always thought he was really accurate and seemed to distance himself from the hypsters around him on there. 

I am not familiar with him, when was he active in the weather game or is he still? I like Bernie because he is a PA native and doesn't typically look at surface maps when he does his analysis, just the upper air maps.  I always walk away feeling like I understand a little bit. haha

Just now, JTrout said:

I am not familiar with him, when was he active in the weather game or is he still? I like Bernie because he is a PA native and doesn't typically look at surface maps when he does his analysis, just the upper air maps.  I always walk away feeling like I understand a little bit. haha

Joe was still around up until just a year or two ago I believe, he used to be one of the featured bloggers. He was on radio stations down here as well. And at least for a time he posted on the Eastern US weather forums. (the one that proceeded this one) Joe was originally from New England I believe but made his home in State College area. 

21 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Just for fun I'm going to say you'll be on here Saturday evening reporting 3.25" before you flip. 

Feel free to jump all over me when I'm wrong. :) 

Okay...you're on.  I'll say I'm going to exceed that amount.  By how much...who knows?  BTW, you'll never see me report 3.25" because you only officially record snowfall to the nearest tenth of an inch!  So you need to decide if it's 3.2" or 3.3"...haha.

Just now, CarlislePaWx said:

Okay...you're on.  I'll say I'm going to exceed that amount.  By how much...who knows.  BTW, you'll never see me report 3.25" because you only officially record snowfall to the nearest tenth of an inch!  So you need to decide if it's 3.2" or 3.3"...haha.

Since you're so confident I'll spot you a big fat 3.3". :) 

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I used to love Accu Weather, especially Joe Lundberg. Always thought he was really accurate and seemed to distance himself from the hypsters around him on there. 

Lundberg was like Horst. Conservative but he had a warm bias. 

1 minute ago, JTrout said:

Cannot not talk about Accuweather without throwing Elliot Abrams some air time.  He is from Philly. Though, I cannot tell you how often, in the 90's mainly, it would start snowing in Philly and he would crush my hopes by getting on KYW and pointing out how warm it was in NC and that was what was coming our way.  

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Joe was still around up until just a year or two ago I believe, he used to be one of the featured bloggers. He was on radio stations down here as well. And at least for a time he posted on the Eastern US weather forums. (the one that proceeded this one) Joe was originally from New England I believe but made his home in State College area. 

Makes sense, I didn't discover the featured guys till last year. I always thought accuweather was a plain old national weather service up until then. 

31 minutes ago, JTrout said:

https://twitter.com/AccuRayno

Usually these are better, he is sick and looks like he is using his phone, it's a mess, he has a hand drawn snow contour map in this one haha. He is a PA native though so I always listen to what he has to say.

He works for accuweather and uses their maps, but then says what he really thinks since it is twitter. 

Thanks