Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2018-19

pasnownut

21 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

CTP's point and click for me is depressing.

Saturday: rain, sleet, and snow 

Saturday night: rain

Sunday: rain

I just looked now at the point & click for Maytown & it looks more wintry than what you posted...

The point & click not too far away from you in Harrisburg has snow for Saturday afternoon. Then after 1am, mixing with Sleet, freezing rain & rain. Then Sunday says Snow & sleet changing back to all snow.

CTP has a great discussion this evening & believes our region is getting a major winter storm. The also mentioned the better trends with today’s models bringing colder solutions with more snow & ice further south.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I just looked now at the point & click for Maytown & it looks more wintry than what you posted...

The point & click not too far away from you in Harrisburg has snow for Saturday afternoon. Then after 1am, mixing with Sleet, freezing rain & rain. Then Sunday says Snow & sleet changing back to all snow.

CTP has a great discussion this evening & believes our region is getting a major winter storm. The also mentioned the better trends with today’s models bringing colder solutions with more snow & ice further south.

Interesting...when I click on my location it still is showing exactly what I depicted...

I listed to the NOAA weather radio in the truck coming up 83 tonight. The extended forecast was quite wintry for the LSV. Snow and mixed precip with temps only as high as the low 30's during the storm.

In their hazardous outlook, they said watches would likely be hoisted within the next 48 hours.

37 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

image.thumb.png.e828c04376314c6e295470c8d940d64a.png

Remember that this map only goes through 7 am Sunday , so most places, including the LSV, are forecast to go back to snow after this which would add 1 to 2 inches at least to these amounts, which would then bring most places right back to the same snow totals that the 12z Euro showed.

As it is, I would be fine with the 8 -9 inches of snow that the Harrisburg area gets on that map as shown.