• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2018-19

pasnownut

One way to look at this, two weeks ago we where talking about waiting until February.  We just had snow and it's been cold.  We are getting more snow this week. This weekend looks crappy but we might end up with more wintry precip in amongst flooding lol. Early next week bitter cold, then another up in the air event for now.  After that I think we are in a much better spot.

1 minute ago, daxx said:

One way to look at this, two weeks ago we where talking about waiting until February.  We just had snow and it's been cold.  We are getting more snow this week. This weekend looks crappy but we might end up with more wintry precip in amongst flooding lol. Early next week bitter cold, then another up in the air event for now.  After that I think we are in a much better spot.

Yep and I do not think an over-performing situation for this Thursday is off the books yet. If we can squeeze out 3-4" that is a nice snowstorm.  

7 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

LOL, no question I am just reading off what the model shows.  Just a model discussion.  As you have alluded to whatever happens this weekend will change the future anyway. 

i get ya.  Just think that those of us that follow models should not speak in absolutes beyond oh say.....12 hours.  lol

it makes the natives (more) wrestless.  

5 minutes ago, daxx said:

yeah, were like 3-4 more pushbacks until spring arrives.....

13 minutes ago, daxx said:

No..."we" weren't talking about it. I was. And i admit it. I got sucked into Horst's call which was "4-7 days of wintry weather in January". I was the one that pooped on the parade...

17 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

i get ya.  Just think that those of us that follow models should not speak in absolutes beyond oh say.....12 hours.  lol

it makes the natives (more) wrestless.  

That is why I said the 'GFS Suggests'.  Let's face it, the public thinks there is a massive snow storm coming this weekend and several respected people on Americanwx have been suggesting the Mid Atlantic was lining up for a string of snow opportunities as we advance through January.  That makes this run of the GFS a major disappointment as there is no significant winter weather, outside the Thursday night opportunity, until day 14 or 15.  we throw it out and move on!  LOL.  

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

No..."we" weren't talking about it. I was. And i admit it. I got sucked into Horst's call which was "4-7 days of wintry weather in January". I was the one that pooped on the parade...

Hey I felt the same, it did not look good at the time.  Even now is not perfect.   I don't think you were totally wrong.  We are having more bouts of winter but I think your February call for a much better pattern is still spot on.

6 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

That is why I said the 'GFS Suggests'.  Let's face it, the public thinks there is a massive snow storm coming this weekend and several respected people on Americanwx have been suggesting the Mid Atlantic was lining up for a string of snow opportunities as we advance through January.  That makes this run of the GFS a major disappointment as there is no significant winter weather, outside the Thursday night opportunity, until day 14 or 15.  we throw it out and move on!  LOL.  

Penn Live on Facebook is all hype about this weekend's snow LOL. 

1 minute ago, bubbler86 said:

We will need our German and English friends to save us!  

LOL. Yep. It is quite sad that they need to get everyone hyped up like this today. There are others out there as well, everyone is sharing these posts and when people spend a zillion dollars on "bread and milk" and it is raining well enjoy it with Penn Live. 

5 minutes ago, paweather said:

LOL. Yep. It is quite sad that they need to get everyone hyped up like this today. There are others out there as well, everyone is sharing these posts and when people spend a zillion dollars on "bread and milk" and it is raining well enjoy it with Penn Live. 

I just went looking for this.  This graphic is terrible but hilarious!!!

image.thumb.png.474ceaaebb390cfed30f535de96c6c7b.png

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Looks like this actually came south from the 0z run? 

790188222_snowfall_total_accum_10to1_NECONUS_hr144(1).png.dd6b6902cc1deca093437b7457923f72.png

I am in the bulleseye.  Talk about in a completely different camp.  It is running the low through VA.  

EDIT-Actually Cashtown is in the bullseye so we should take that into account before laughing at it.  

• Like 1