• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2018-19

pasnownut

0Z ICON shows a real thumping of snow late Saturday afternoon until wee-hours followed by a brief but heavy period of freezing rain for several hours, then a quick switch back to light snow and ending before noon.  There doesn't appear to be a 2-wave solution so far but I could easily be misreading it.  Temps never get close to freezing during the freezing rain portion...they're in the mid 20's before falling off dramatically behind the arctic front.

>>Edit>>I forgot to mention that it also shows single digit lows near zero Monday morning and sub zero down to -5F at MDT Tuesday morning as a large 1040 High is centered directly over PA 12Z Tuesday.

4 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

I'm sorry, but this is irresponsible as hell. I don't care if the purpose of the video is just to get people talking. There's a ton of dumbshits in WTAJ's coverage area. They don't know any better. This is just bad.

FB_IMG_1547518615324.jpg

Well if that isn't the most immature thing I've ever seen. Not saying the euro is wrong this far out...but totally irresponsible to show it like this.

I did come up a little over half inch short of three inches on saturdays event . I was out all night sat/sun and ended up with a toothache of a life time that is still kicking my ass. I need to get some dental work done on friday so I might end up on the couch this weekend:( with a bottle of 7/325 or hopefully lost in the snowy woods with an empty bottle and missing teeth :lol:.  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

I think the American models look less than optimistic for the two upcoming events so I wanted the forum to have something to hug.  That looks like a 20 spot for Carlisle, Canderson and Sauss (storms combined).

image.png.eb57c66a9b4bb8f73409c68078041a37.png

UKMET for the win !

It looks like Euro & GFS runs from just a couple of days ago.

Long way to go!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

GFS showing 3" for Thursday and 8" for the weekend. looks like something next Wednesday or Thursday too. gonna be fun times ahead, Buckle the chin straps and lace up those boots. :clap::drunk:  

Yes sir !

The Euro weeklies looked great yet again last night. The good pattern should roll straight through the end of February.

Lots of tracking ahead for us !

6 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes sir !

The Euro weeklies looked great yet again last night. The good pattern should roll straight through the end of February.

Lots of tracking ahead for us !

Yes - I believe a lot of us will end up disappointed this weekend if expecting big snows. However, it's just a matter of time until the block establishes itself and the real fun begins.

There are going to be a lot of pretty model graphics with some big numbers on them in the coming weeks...

• Like 1

Yes - I believe a lot of us will end up disappointed this weekend if expecting big snows. However, it's just a matter of time until the block establishes itself and the real fun begins.
There are going to be a lot of pretty model graphics with some big numbers on them in the coming weeks...

I think we will all see accumulating snow, but as you said, we will be disappointed when it’s washed away.

Just a stat padder.

1 hour ago, bubbler86 said:

I think the American models look less than optimistic for the two upcoming events so I wanted the forum to have something to hug.  That looks like a 20 spot for Carlisle, Canderson and Sauss (storms combined).

image.png.eb57c66a9b4bb8f73409c68078041a37.png

Wow.  Cant say i expected that from the Ukie.  What does the Euro show?

28 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

I think we will all see accumulating snow, but as you said, we will be disappointed when it’s washed away.

Just a stat padder.

Just toggled through overnights for 2m air temps, and most stay in the mid/upper 30's in the LSV and slightly cooler in the central regions during warmest panels, and prior to arctic frontal passage. 

I'm hoping GFS warm bias is part of what were seeing, because if you cool them off just a pinch, its a much better result.  (thats a blend of truth and weenie wishcasting).

NAM stays in upper 20's

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

Just toggled through overnights for 2m air temps, and most stay in the mid/upper 30's in the LSV and slightly cooler in the central regions during warmest panels, and prior to arctic frontal passage. 

I'm hoping GFS warm bias is part of what were seeing, because if you cool them off just a pinch, its a much better result.  (thats a blend of truth and weenie wishcasting).

NAM stays in upper 20's

The NAM goes out that far? I thought it only went to hour 84...

And I shared what i did above, because those of us who "protect" our snow ultimately care at whats going on at surface, where our snow lives (Bob Rossism). 

I dont care about the mids after we get a front end thump, as long as I hold onto my white gold.  

Weenie

6 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

I do not have Stormvista access so just limited 24 hour weenie panels but the 500MB and this 850 panels do not look great for ALL snow. 

image.png

freebies on TT go from 120 to 144 and while both look good, there is likely a warm period in between, but if you look at them one can assume that the warmth is short in duration.  Yes, likely a changeover period, but we just have to hope for front end thumpage and go from there.  144 looks like a brick in da face w/ the hounds of winter slammin us.

10 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Listen, you can't see a Low cross over Frankfort and expect snow. You just can't. 

Not sure anyone would debate that, though if you have a block or TPV close by a storm could go fairly parallel east and still slip under us, but some earlier model depictions had the LP farther south than KY so something to keep watching if model watching is an interesting sport to someone.