• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2018-19

pasnownut

Let's see who here recognizes/remembers this quote from a TV show that best describes the current radar appearance:  "...she's breaking up!...she's breaking up!!"

Answer to come in the morning.

At midnight my official snowfall total measured 1.3" and it continued to snow lightly.  But, will Horst's concerns from a little earlier be realized??

Temp holding steady at 26.1 degrees.

I'm not concerned about how this storm pans out in the end.  I think everyone should be starting to get really pumped for the storm being modeled for next weekend.  Shades of Jan 1996 come to mind with an incredible arctic airmass in place and a slow-moving, moisture-laden storm riding up the coast.  Now that combination is something we all can sink our teeth into.  The pattern change is on the way and I think the warmth of the first half of January will be more than erased by the second half cold waves.

19 minutes ago, canderson said:

Looks around 1.75-2” or so but haven’t officially measured. Pretty out. 

Lets hope next weekend isn’t a massive rainstorm like a few 0z models depicted. But damn does it get cold after that. Euro has most of PA below 0 it looks like. 

I haven’t been out yet but that’s what it looks like. 

Watching meet the press, snowing nicely in DC

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Looks like snow is rapidly expanding north towards and into the LSV as Cashtown and Bubbler have already mentioned.

It’s a steady light snow accum .1” to .2” / hr stuff.   Really adds to the mood 

As far as that cold, holy cow!   I remember that week of 1994 as a kid.   We were off the whole week and I remember my dad telling me it was -24 outside.   I think Harrisburg hit -22 which is still their all time low 

Just now, Cashtown_Coop said:

It’s a steady light snow accum .1” to .2” / hr stuff.   Really adds to the mood 

As far as that cold, holy cow!   I remember that week of 1994 as a kid.   We were off the whole week and I remember my dad telling me it was -24 outside.   I think Harrisburg hit -22 which is still their all time low 

Flurries have just returned here.

You are correct about Harrisburg hitting -22. I remember that clearly. What I don't remember and what I'm curious about is how low did Thomasville get. Have to think they approached -30.