Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2019

Upstate Tiger

8 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

The trends of the HRRR has been to increase QPF and throw the moisture a little further NW tomorrow morning.  Some snow falling in southern Harnett and Johnston counties, taken verbatim.

Me and downeastnc have a bet riding that we wouldnt see any more winter weather. He is all happy that the models are trending wetter. I still say it will be hard to get accum snow north of highway 70 in the coastal plains unless the models really blow up the precip on the NW side.

3 hours ago, SouthernVAwx said:

Worth noting the 12z GFS builds on a severe threat for Sunday evening.

I don't post often as I am still learning (and realize everyone is thinking about Tues/Wed right now), but I believe next weekend is going to be a serious situation...starting Saturday 3/9 and extending into Sunday.  Not good on the heels of yesterday. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, drscottsmith said:

I don't post often as I am still learning (and realize everyone is thinking about Tues/Wed right now), but I believe next weekend is going to be a serious situation...starting Saturday 3/9 and extending into Sunday.  Not good on the heels of yesterday. 

I am so f$%&ing  tired of this rain.  My God, we could go 3 weeks without a drop and it wouldn't bother me..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PackGrad05 said:

I think a lot of folks are going to see some surprise flurries in the morning.

It really wont take much to turn this into something as bit more than a few flurries, already downstream it seems to be producing a bit more than the hi res show, sure would be nice to see one bust in our favor for once.....doesn't seem likely but we may see at least some flurries up here in Pitt Co....

• Like 1

Just now, downeastnc said:

It really wont take much to turn this into something as bit more than a few flurries, already downstream it seems to be producing a bit more than the hi res show, sure would be nice to see one bust in our favor for once.....doesn't seem likely but we may see at least some flurries up here in Pitt Co....

i was just looking at the radar and the precip field already looks more expansive than the hrrr has initialized at. although it isn't much but it will be nice to see snow falling here in se nc.

1 hour ago, downeastnc said:

People reporting snow in Tusculoosa and Bham AL well north or the radar returns so that is odd.....not sure how heavy it is but I cant imagine its too heavy if its not being picked up on radar....

Reports of snow in Atlanta... if this trend keeps up, we could get into the action.

Just to let you guys know, the returns that say it is snowing are just rain. Pure rain. Radar showed it snowing over my house and it was nothing but rain. Supposedly, it will get below freezing tonight. If it makes it to 32, I’d be surprised. Temperature has been holding steady at around 36 for hours. 

There are people in Tuscaloosa and Birmingham reporting light to mod snow from time to time well north of the precip on radar....RGEM is a little better now has a dusting literally 10 miles to my south lol.....you know if I was forecast to get 1-3" tonight this thing would have no trouble trending south enough to screw me over the next 6-8 hrs, it never ever goes the other way though....I cant remember the last time we had a situation like this were the precip made it further inland than expected and gave us a surprise couple of inches. 

1 hour ago, Touchet said:

Just to let you guys know, the returns that say it is snowing are just rain. Pure rain. Radar showed it snowing over my house and it was nothing but rain. Supposedly, it will get below freezing tonight. If it makes it to 32, I’d be surprised. Temperature has been holding steady at around 36 for hours. 

Not in Athens, it’s snow on radar and ground truth per Lookout 

• Wow unpinned and locked this topic