• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NW_of_GYX
    Newest Member
    NW_of_GYX

Mid to Long Term Discussion 2019

1 hour ago, BornAgain13 said:

18z GEFS comes in colder and keeps the precip frozen a lot of the storm for northern nc, southern va

This looks like a moderate to significant event for our area. I had issues with my email and password here the last couple weeks being able to sign in. Finally got it corrected.

Anyhow, very concerned with icing issues. All going to depend on which way the main tongue of moisture points as to whether we have moderate (.25-.40) or significant (.50 or more) amounts.

You have NAM and Euro in a camp and then have Icon, GFS, FV3 and CMC in another.

For what it’s worth, RGEM is still pretty far out in its time frame but it is juiced the heck up. 

Kind of curious guys,  this forum will no longer let me upload a photo no bigger than 30.72 KB... it used to would let me, but I can't even upload a simple TTidbit map.

Highly anomalous Alaska block with vortex low in south-east Canada.   Result will be deep cold further east to end February with chances for wintery weather.

14-km EPS Global North America 500 hPa Z Norm Anom (no) 288.png

• Like 4

Never fails. Cold March and April on the way!
These are things to be happy about!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frazdaddy said:

The evil twin (FV3) says huh... what storm?

Yep.  That said, it is a piece of junk.  Hopefully, they take it back to the workshop before they put it on the open road.

I think we will have at least one more legit shot before all is said and done this year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Yep.  That said, it is a piece of junk.  Hopefully, they take it back to the workshop before they put it on the open road.

I think we will have at least one more legit shot before all is said and done this year.

Yeah, it started with a bang but I think it missed a crucial update during the shut down. I agree, Some decent cold showing up at the end of the month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FallsLake said:

^^That would be funny to end up getting the two big winter storms in December and March, but basically nothing in January and February.  

It wouldn't surprise me with today's climate. Breaking new records every year is the norm I guess.

7 hours ago, jjwxman said:

Enjoy this eye candy while it lasts... :wub:

image.thumb.png.978b27cb8f01c2d561cb3b88cb8dd2fd.png

Just had some solid Thunder here in Clemson SC at 2pm EST February 19... mountain lore... old wives... 10 days from snow 

• Like 1

The Mt.Mitchell cam facing Mt.Craig got busy super fast. Trees went from green to weighted down in about 2 hours. Mt.Craig peak has been hidden for hours.

7/20 GEFS ensemble members have warning criteria events at the beginning of March for GSO and RDU. 5/20 for CLT.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

7/20 GEFS ensemble members have warning criteria events at the beginning of March for GSO and RDU. 5/20 for CLT.

That time period could be our last chance. We have a pretty defined winter period where we can get snow. Usually it's early December to early March. Of course folks can quote storms (...93) outside that range, but they're rare.