Dano62
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2019

Upstate Tiger

12 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

this

1 minute ago, Orangeburgwx said:

I saw that too:lol:

I understand that down ur way,

U don't get a lot of action when it comes to winter weather but I don't think u want to jinx this either.

There's plenty of time to get a thread.

Let's get some type of general consensus before starting a thread.

I'd say within day 4 or 5 with more model consensus.

Lord know we need to get Mack & No snow for you some snow this year.

They have been more antagonistic & pessimistic than usual.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Billypg70 said:

U don't get a lot of action when it comes to winter weather but I don't think u want to jinx this either.

There's plenty of time to get a thread.

Let's get some type of general consensus before starting a thread.

I'd say within day 4 or 5 with more model consensus.

Lord know we need to get Mack & No snow for you some snow this year.

They have been more antagonistic & pessimistic than usual.

We live in an area that has a good snow every 50-11 years.  No surprises there! Want snow yearly- move!

• Like 2

Just now, Billypg70 said:

Hell no I don't want to jinx, and as far as why I don't get a lot of action down here is usually the LP is either:

1)inland

2)too close to the coast

3) too damn amped for its own good

Yes, I get more QDF, but pay the price by getting shafted with the warm nose... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Cheeznado said:

For Atlanta, the Euro ensembles are still mostly saying no but the GEFS is on board with the majority of members showing at least 1 inch

It looks too NW flowy to me for anyone south of the mountains to snow.  I know last winter Atlanta got a NW flow snow event but the flow above 850 was mostly SW.  I don’t see that on this setup shown

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

For the love of Heaven, don't let the bouncing blue turd start any more winter weather threads. He's bad luck...

Hahaha, I’m from the Tennessee valley forum so I meant no Ill will.  I just remembered that blue man avatar from last year and how it hit once for y’all but then the second time he jinxed the crap out it for just about everybody.  After the second bust y’all started referring to him as the blue turd I think, lmao.  I thought I saw him during y’alls December storm but like oburg said, I haven’t seen his name since.  I’d wait till the last possible second to start a thread if it was me but I’m superstitious!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

GFSv3 6z = Carolinas crush job! 

Get the keys to the bus!

Great to see! Verbatim it would be only a quick glancing shot for upstate and piedmont, but would be a big one from Cola to MYB and eastern NC. CAE is certainly due, but I'd like to see a better turn up the coast for the upstate. Obviously this is just one OP run and it'll change. Good to be in the game!

• Like 1

Just now, AMZ8990 said:

Hahaha, I’m from the Tennessee valley forum so I meant no Ill will.  I just remembered that blue man avatar from last year and how it hit once for y’all but then the second time he jinxed the crap out it for just about everybody.  I thought I saw him during y’alls December storm but like oburg said, I haven’t seen his name since.  I’d wait till the last possible second to start a thread if it was me but I’m superstitious!

Yep, we have seen so many of these 7 day threats go up in smoke. I agree... wait until we can "see the whites of their eyes"

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

We’ve lost the icon, game over, say a prayer! 

12z ICON has a healthy wave diving way south into the gulf at the end of the run Sun night.  Hard to say how much it would turn the corner and pump precip inland as the wave is a bit positive tilt, but I'll take that look for sure at this juncture.

00z CMC was amped and on the warm side.  The new 12z run is chilly, but weak and off the coast with the low

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WarmNose said:

Night and day difference compared to its own 06z run. Ridiculous 

New 12z FV3 is close to the ICON look.  It has a nice backside wave that dives down into the conus trough into New Mexico, then along the gulf coast with sfc low from NE gulf to off the SE coast.  It doesn't quite turn the corner and pump good precip inland

I67tLdB.gif 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, griteater said:

UKMet is digging the wave nicely down into the Rio Grande of West Texas at 144...some decent looks with the FV3/ICON/UKMet

Agree, we got a good shot if we can get cyclogensis going in the ne gom and get the trough to neg tilt. Gonna need it to bomb out down there in the sweet spot. If it doesnt phase or phases to late well miss out here in western piedmont. Be an interesting week tracking. Strong consensus for a phaser, with the exception of the old gfs op , screwing up the pac ridge from run to run and being all over the place. Gefs and eps need to continue to trend in our direction today.

Just now, NCSNOW said:

Im actually sold we are gonna get a sustained negative nao from last few days jan into atkeast first half February. After years of whining for one to show up on prime climo, i cant beleive this is gonna most likely come to pass. What will we use for an excuse now lol.

"Too much suppression"... I can hear it now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

Agree, we got a good shot if we can get cyclogensis going in the ne gom and get the trough to neg tilt. Gonna need it to bomb out down there in the sweet spot. If it doesnt phase or phases to late well miss out here in western piedmont. Be an interesting week tracking. Strong consensus for a phaser, with the exception of the old gfs op , screwing up the pac ridge from run to run and being all over the place. Gefs and eps need to continue to trend in our direction today.

Yes, for our parts,  this is one where we will need some good phasing to pull it negative.  This is Jan '96 style with a wave diving south from MT all the way to the GOM.

1 minute ago, NCSNOW said:

Im actually sold we are gonna get a sustained negative nao from last few days jan into atleast first half February. After years of whining for one to show up in prime climo, i cant beleive this is gonna most likely come to pass. What will we use for an excuse now lol.

Check out MA forum--PAC jet issues

• Wow unpinned and locked this topic