• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2019

Upstate Tiger

Well the GFS just ran a mini me to the 93 "Storm of the Century" ....been flirting with a big east coast monster storm for a few days.....need it to track 300 miles further east though.....and not be 372 hrs....

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_51.thumb.png.c32dee665a6bf65232717898dd8dfea9.png

This isn’t grasping at straws, this is grasping at vapor and hoping to grab ahold of something substantial. Stick a fork in in until December. Only 10 months to go!! 2019/2020 is gonna be epic!!
  • Haha 1

Joe BastardiVerified account @BigJoeBastardi

Classic Spring temp pattern for big tornado outbreaks, one on Sat, the other next Tuesday. Thats the bad news. Good news After March 15 cold overwhelms the east and shuts season down ( but its bad news cause it means a very cold last 2 weeks of March entire nation,IMO)

14 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Saw Matthew East on FB mentioning a nationwide cold spell for 2nd half of March, including a lock in the southeast.  Dont want it, dont need it.  I'm done with it.  Bring me 50s and DRY!! 

I agree! Unless we get the epic fantasy storm the 00z GFS had at the end of its run. It does appear that it will be colder than normal for the back half of March though, if the models are correct. They haven't been correct all winter about the cold and kept pushing it back, so I'm not sure why this would be any different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

Joe BastardiVerified account @BigJoeBastardi

Classic Spring temp pattern for big tornado outbreaks, one on Sat, the other next Tuesday. Thats the bad news. Good news After March 15 cold overwhelms the east and shuts season down ( but its bad news cause it means a very cold last 2 weeks of March entire nation,IMO)

He's been pretty wrong about everything all winter.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kvegas-wx said:

Saw Matthew East on FB mentioning a nationwide cold spell for 2nd half of March, including a lock in the southeast.  Dont want it, dont need it.  I'm done with it.  Bring me 50s and DRY!!

I say bring it on, I do want it, might get some snow out of it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, kvegas-wx said:

I would have no issues with 50's and 60's for the rest of the month.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kvegas-wx said:

Matthew is awesome. I would take his input ANY time over Bastardi. J/S...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

You know it's over when "Wow" gives up.

Like all of us, Wow knew it was over when we 1) had a record smashing event in early december, and 2) never got a single event inside of 72 hours on a forecast after that december event.  

Fantasy models delivered a perfect score on fantasy snow.  

35 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Like all of us, Wow knew it was over when we 1) had a record smashing event in early december, and 2) never got a single event inside of 72 hours on a forecast after that december event.  

Fantasy models delivered a perfect score on fantasy snow.  

The thing that hurt so much this year was the amount of fantasy storms at day 7; which none worked out (..except the Dec storm). In years past something showing at day 7 had a decent chance for at least somebody getting something.   

• Thanks 1

• Wow unpinned and locked this topic