Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2019

Upstate Tiger

3 minutes ago, WidreMann said:

Yeah, just looking at the 168 frame, it would send it over the coastal plain and only the mountains would likely see any wintry precip.

Agree.. 850 freezing line is west of I-77.  Based on the trough axis, it wouldn't be moving much further east unless is bombs out fast enough to pull the 850 low toward the sfc low center quickly enough. Even then it's still a W NC/SC/GA event.

8 minutes ago, griteater said:

12z Euro Loop

Ain't no cold air being driven in on this one.  HP is absent. THis is a manufactured cold air storm.  Would like to see more separation of the s/w to get a decent confluence zone built in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wow said:

Agree.. 850 freezing line is west of I-77.  Based on the trough axis, it wouldn't be moving much further east unless is bombs out fast enough to pull the 850 low toward the sfc low center quickly enough. Even then it's still a W NC/SC/GA event.

Well it would be if it hadn’t somehow skipped that entire region with precip :unsure:

Central NC got hammered on the Kuchera maps.

Just now, SnowDawg said:

Can’t understand how a low bombing out in the Gulf somehow left N GA and W NC pretty much completely dry...

I don't think they are dry. I think they fail to get cold air in time for when the low bombs off the east coast. That's why I'm also skeptical of central NC seeing much of anything.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

Can’t understand how a low bombing out in the Gulf somehow left N GA and W NC pretty much completely dry...

Not going to get too caught up in precip types & locations until we knock another 100hrs or so off this forecast.  192hrs for that kind of detail I'm never a believer and don't want the bullseye for sure.

1 minute ago, WidreMann said:

I don't think they are dry. I think they fail to get cold air in time for when the low bombs off the east coast. That's why I'm also skeptical of central NC seeing much of anything.

No it’s bone dry. Not a drop of qpf supposedly. It’s colder over here than where it just put down foot plus snows lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

Think you'd do a little better than it shows, but as depicted, it's a bit of a late bloomer where the system can't draw in moisture from its southeast and generate precip until the trough gets to neutral tilt.

• Wow unpinned and locked this topic