Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2019

Upstate Tiger

1 minute ago, NCSNOW said:

Euro north next weekend, miller bs off southern MA coast, looking at 24 hr panels. Probably ice in cad, insitu damming that look.

Classic carolina split. Looks real good for mtns and coastal plain can score. But piedmont, foothills downslope,transfer energy, all the caveats.

Well that's a shocker! Can we just get this dumpster fire over with and warm up at least?

1 minute ago, Waiting on snow said:

Well that's a shocker! Can we just get this dumpster fire over with and warm up at least?

We will ... in about 6 weeks. Then we can begin looking forward to the Summer heat, humidity, mosquitoes, mowing grass, fire-ants, pollen, and sweating our butts off. No thank you. I prefer the winter.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

Day 10. And the big spoke is blocked still. Good shape and should have open window following week, even if we do miss out next weekend peidmont foothills.

ECNorth Amer
Sing
500h_anom.na.png

Looks good to me. 

Robert at Wxsouth hasa great post about the cold coming  

If your a snowgoose like the rest of us on here and  unless you have gravel in your gut. Id avoid looking at the gfs twins over the next several days, 4 times per day. Youll get played like a yo yo. And it dont matter if its a holy grail pattern or crap pattern that plays out, verefies. You still and always have to have luck on your side down here. Id rather be lucky in the winter than have my pick of patterns. Luck you score good pattern doesnt gurantee that.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

Day 10. And the big spoke is blocked still. Good shape and should have open window following week, even if we do miss out next weekend peidmont foothills.

ECNorth Amer
Sing
500h_anom.na.png

It’s not a transferring low so I think that gap will fill in for the piedmont. Mtns and foothills get snow as is anyway but I think for piedmont, that fills in for them as well. 

1 minute ago, NCSNOW said:

That FV3 dont send a tingle down your leg nothing will. We will have to work hard,very hard to screw up next weekend into early next week. But if theres a way ..... ah,think posotive. Gfs twins got their act bqck together h5 tonight.

Can you share some of those maps for FV3 a s GFS?

42 minutes ago, Northern Foothills Snowman said:

Can you share some of those maps for FV3 a s GFS?

Look at fv3 500vort map above. Neutral, if i could go negative, hello.Sorry its a pain on the phone. Been watching Duke game and just now going back browsing 18z and most importantly eps12z. Eps looks awesome. Watching day 10 now cause we know whats coming day 1-9. So everyday its to see if we continue the stellar h5 look . Can tell you pac ridge is a beaut on the eps. Perfectly located and the blocking coming over top from the atlantic looks good as well. We screw this pattern up and dont cash in, we need to find a new hobby till next winter.

4 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

Look at fv3 500vort map above. Neutral, if i could go negative, hello.Sorry its a pain on the phone. Been watching Duke game and just now going back browsing 18z and most importantly eps12z. Eps looks awesome. Watching day 10 now cause we know whats coming day 1-9. So everyday its to see if we continue the stellar h5 look . Can tell you pac ridge is a beaut on the eps. Perfectly located and the blocking coming over top from the atlantic looks good as well. We screw this pattern up and dont cash in, we need to find a new hobby till next winter.

Please tell me Duke is winning 

10 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

And this thread has officially devolved into a Blue Devils forum.  Tells you everything you need to know about a crappy winter here in the south.  I'm buying pre-emergent tomorrow.  Somebody has to jinx this thing into a snowy pattern! 

I think we can all agree Duke basketball has no business being on this wx forum. If we get at least one more snow blast again this winter, I will be happy.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NCSNOW said:

12z EPS has below normal temperatures (850mb) from day 6 to the end of the run at day 15, so that's a start.  

Here is mean snowfall on the 18z GEFS for days 7 to 16.  I've seen worse

YlVI7Ms.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, griteater said:

12z EPS has below normal temperatures (850mb) from day 6 to the end of the run at day 15, so that's a start.  

Here is mean snowfall on the 18z GEFS for days 7 to 16.  I've seen worse

YlVI7Ms.gif

image.thumb.png.a6c337f97e55248855cbb4a2f4829cfa.png

I think that SV map might be including much more other frozen precip than this map. Just saying for info.

3 minutes ago, ThomeWx said:

I think that SV map might be including much more other frozen precip than this map. Just saying for info.

Could be, I didn't think anyone could out snowmap WxBell, but maybe this one does lol.  You know the SV map says total snow and doesn't indicate ensemble mean, so maybe it's a total of all members.  It's showing some action at least

So far 0z for the ops. 

Icon and Canadian look very interesting for next weekend, showing potential. Gfs will wet the bed because how sets up or really doesnt pac ridge. Prevents energy from diving down . Needs to sharpen the pac ridge up . Always the outlier. See if fv3, ukie and most important eps and euro keep the theme up. Cold is coming. All. About timing  the vorts now.

• Wow unpinned and locked this topic