Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Grinch 2018 Screamin Sou'easter Disco and Obs

CT Valley Snowman

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Hey just remember it could always be worse... it could be like 2015.

December 24, 2015 and not a trace or wind-blown patch of natural snow to be found in all of NNE.

Only Xmas on record with a 0" reading at the Mansfield Stake.  I mean this still blows my mind.

48414569_10103612877062270_7027720038572

I see little difference from today.

IMG_20181220_205132.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Powderfreak how are you taking this cutter. Shots of Jameson and shades down till sat 9am?

I'm good man, ha.  I'm just basking in the glow of the best stretch of early season skiing and snow that we'll see.  From Mid-October to mid-December... just massive negative departures and a lot of days of snow.  I mean October was decently snow then November helped hit record snow depths and it continued for the first half of December.

I generally don't believe you can make a run of over 6-8 weeks without a big torching cutter but somehow we did it and averaged ridiculously cold departures along with the snow.

Now, if the last two months had sucked and we hadn't enjoyed like 3 powder days a week since mid-November...then yeah I'd be losing my mind, lol.  Really can't complain about what feels like an amazing first half of winter but winter has really only just begun.  Every event for like two months went our way, trended better, snowier, less rain, etc.  Can't win EVERY one of them.

I still don't think I could draw up a better two month period for a snow/winter lover in New England to start off the winter. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, dendrite said:

NAM comes a bit east to match the globals more. Lots of rain up here that run. 

River of water on that last 18z GFS run... I mean that's an impressive fetch of big rain totals.

I'm praying we can avoid that atmospheric river, don't need to flood the basement or have any other nonsense right before Xmas.

QzEAS0p.png