Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Grinch 2018 Screamin Sou'easter Disco and Obs

CT Valley Snowman

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

More inches of rain in December than inches of snow possible      a brief EF0 or 2 could happen        PWAT the heck

Mets were discussing PWAT's yesterday at possibly record levels to illustrate how impressive this tropical moisture feed is going to be.  I haven't analyzed real closely but it looks like some of the meso models are trying to shift the heaviest axis of precip a bit further west into areas of Western New England and adjacent Eastern New York. 

4 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Mets were discussing PWAT's yesterday at possibly record levels to illustrate how impressive this tropical moisture feed is going to be.  I haven't analyzed real closely but it looks like some of the meso models are trying to shift the heaviest axis of precip a bit further west into areas of Western New England and adjacent Eastern New York. 

The focus seems to be shifting towards the Tri State area, besides the SE upslope in the mountains.

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Why are models so insistent the gusts are so high then?

Legit checking on how the NAM nest even calculates that now. It's a model derived wind gust, I just need to figure out how it's derived. 

At 15z it has PWM gusting to 47 kts, when the same model data in Bufkit would suggest around 25 kts. 

6 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Legit checking on how the NAM nest even calculates that now. It's a model derived wind gust, I just need to figure out how it's derived. 

At 15z it has PWM gusting to 47 kts, when the same model data in Bufkit would suggest around 25 kts. 

So we need to deal with weenie wind gust images too. :lmao:

37 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

I am not surprised at this.  Seems to happen with this type of system