Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Grinch 2018 Screamin Sou'easter Disco and Obs

CT Valley Snowman

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:11 PM, CoastalWx said:

And any clown can be a Coco Crisp member. So yeah seeing obs from any geek off the street isn’t going to justify something unless I know he or she is diligent. No branches over house and comparing storms to superstorm of 93. 

Just saw this (was away 19th-27th) and had to note that there is some QC done of cocorahs reports.  One summer morning several years ago, I headed to work with no clue there had been showers overnight - porch steps/vehicles had been dry.  Got a pm (from state administrator or some such) questioning my zero precip, checked the state's reports and found folks in the general area had reported a tenth or two.  Arriving home, I found 0.13" in the gauge and edited my report accordingly.  It's far from WSO precise and with 15k or so observers there will be plenty of goofballs, but there is some checking done.

27.98" according to Davis, but it's been missing some events

Looks 15-20" low.  I'm at 48.84" and will finish there unless the next storm begins before 9 Monday night.  Prior to this past event my total was 47.99", or almost exactly what Brian noted from Sebago.  I think PWM is over 50".