Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Grinch 2018 Screamin Sou'easter Disco and Obs

CT Valley Snowman

36 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

45-50mph+ is just about over into my impressive range. Especially with how sustained it was.

34 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea don't know what he expected but it was an impressive day. Lots of big branches and some trees down around here as I drive around 

It was run  of the mill 45-55 cutter.  Not sure why so many making a big deal when we’ve had way worse.

2 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

I'm not making it into a big deal, just the sustained duration was impressive. Not sure if it was localized or something. Nothing earth shattering, just impressive.

He has downplayed every single wind event prior .Yes it was impressive not earth shattering at all but not meh. If it didn't happen in Weymouth it wasn't impressive 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

AWT and said you just want to argue for the sake of argument  FYI 72 at blue hill davis was confirmed 

I have no idea what you are talking about. I said it was typical 45-55 stuff. That’s run of the mill for cutters. For a LLJ like that you could say it underperformed. Talk to me when Jan 2006, Feb 2016, or Oct 2017 come knocking.

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I have no idea what you are talking about. I said it was typical 45-55 stuff. That’s run of the mill for cutters. For a LLJ like that you could say it underperformed. Talk to me when Jan 2006, Feb 2016, or Oct 2017 come knocking.

Steve said it reminded him of Mar 93.

22 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Steve said it reminded him of Mar 93.

Steve said the evolution without the cold. Of course smart people know that without the cold winds would underperform. You guys might be the best at Meteorology but reading comprehension might be lacking. Also we all know you Mets can predict the weather with the best of them but they apparently forgot to teach observational skills, you are over dependent on ASOS AWOS as verification.  It has happened every single wind storm. We are in desperate need for more WXflow stations in elevated areas. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m including all obs Steve. A few 50’ iso windflow stations has a gust to 60. 

Which was exactly as we expected, meh to me would be 30s and 40s. Pretty sure the Plainfield PD was going wild when they sent this out yesterday.  I mean I get these notifications every meh storm. You guys are something 

PLAINFIELD PD: ALERT: Wires and trees down throughout the town please use caution- do not approach. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Which was exactly as we expected, meh to me would be 30s and 40s. Pretty sure the Plainfield PD was going wild when they sent this out yesterday.  I mean I get these notifications every meh storm. You guys are something 

PLAINFIELD PD: ALERT: Wires and trees down throughout the town please use caution- do not approach. 

We know how CT trees are so we toss report. :lol: 

3pm  35F Snow flurries have started.

Storm Summary

Highest temp 54.7F

Highest wind gust 27mph

1.90" rainfall

Rain was moderate to heavy yesterday morning.  Brief lull midday.   Temperatures in the AM in the upper 30's and slowly rose into the low 40's.  Got into the warm air at 3pm with a 10F temperature rise within 30 minutes or so.  12 hours of temperatures in the low 50's with matching dews wiped out my 5" cement pack.  Still snow left in the woods and north facing slopes.    Although I got into the warm air mid afternoon the elevations just below me stayed in the upper 30's until about midnight when the warm air made it all the way down thus more snow at lower elevations that at our house.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Same here. Was out stacking wood and racking leaves sweating it out. Didn't even notice temp drop

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

37 I was out chain sawing 0700 this morning in a tee shirt, it's 37 now

Ended up with 2.71 for the storm,  year total now 75.66 , just incredible