SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Grinch 2018 Screamin Sou'easter Disco and Obs

CT Valley Snowman

5 hours ago, dendrite said:

1.50” in the stratus. About to pour some more. 53.4°

Wore shorts to the mall. Felt great.

Folks must have loved seeing your pasty legs.  :)

50* at 5:30a.m. on December 22.  Just gross.

I'll take comfort with my Wind Advisory with the upcoming CAA.  It's the only winter we've got.

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

How did Alex and PF do? I’m sure they have plenty still. 

Still have solid cover in the yard and out back right now.  Driving around though it's largely Swiss cheese on the whole...guess if we can cool off though the view out my window will be white Xmas.  I mean I only had 7-8" to start with...looks like 3" now, grass under the evergreens though.  

2.27" of rain so far.  Unfortunately that strong SE flow upsloped us nicely.  Love it in snow events, not rain lol. 

Three highest totals are Stowe Village, Waterbury (JSpin) and Warren (Sugarbush)... SE flow into the mountains.

IMG_1634.GIF.00baa7d3a732aafa59a1bd0b4fb73441.GIF

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Still have solid cover in the yard and out back right now.  Driving around though it's largely Swiss cheese on the whole...guess if we can cool off though the view out my window will be white Xmas.  I mean I only had 7-8" to start with...looks like 3" now, grass under the evergreens though.  

2.27" of rain so far.  Unfortunately that strong SE flow upsloped us nicely.  Love it in snow events, not rain lol. 

Three highest totals are Stowe Village, Waterbury (JSpin) and Warren (Sugarbush)... SE flow into the mountains.

IMG_1634.GIF.00baa7d3a732aafa59a1bd0b4fb73441.GIF

Wow. More than I thought as far as rain goes. Still that’s a decent amount of snow left. That had to be a good melt higher up with those temps and rain.  It will be solid ice now.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

1.70" here, Just some patches of snow left and piles.

All trails closed here. Even the County got hit it seems. Somewhere between patches and full coverage in my yard and the woods out back. Driveway is a block of ice. I used a lot of sand and salt just now trying to make sure it’s passable when the freeze comes. 

Just now, mreaves said:

All trails closed here. Even the County got hit it seems. Somewhere between patches and full coverage in my yard and the woods out back. Driveway is a block of ice. I used a lot of sand and salt just now trying to make sure it’s passable when the freeze comes. 

Yeah, They took a hit up there as well as over your way, There was no escape for anyone really on this one.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Wow. More than I thought as far as rain goes. Still that’s a decent amount of snow left. That had to be a good melt higher up with those temps and rain.  It will be solid ice now.

Oh it's going to be atrocious skiing.  In a selfish way I don't get to ski much through the 1st so if there's a time for a break it's now.  

But I really feel for all the hardworking families that look forward to this for months and spend all that money on a family vacation in Ski Country.  It's funny though, no one I've talked to from Boston or NY is surprised.  They seem to expect the Xmas rain like all of us on this board do.  They say it's either raining or -30 below every year we come up.  

Its like looking forward to a week at the Cape in August only to have it rain the entire time.

Officially we will have a white Xmas but you know the look.  Old snowpack, ice, grass and mud on the snowbanks, etc.  the classic post thaw look in New England.  

Just switched to snow above 1,300ft as I drove up to work to help out this afternoon.