Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Grinch 2018 Screamin Sou'easter Disco and Obs

CT Valley Snowman

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Good....good. Soon we’ll all be on the same playing field. 

lol I know you're joking but it is funny how that can manifest over time.  There is a small pleasure in melting others snow if we are getting screwed by Nature.  I think in 2014 it was cutter, suppression, cutter, suppression (Tamarack and I had more inches of rain than snow for like 3 weeks in January) while PHL, NYC, BOS got Warning events in between.  After a while, start to enjoy the cutters when you've got nothing to lose but others do, lol.  

I've always liked Ray's honesty in that way...he's got no use for someone else to see snow if he can't.  It's refreshing because there is likely a bit of that in everyone here :lol:.

Just now, Lava Rock said:

What a crappy night. Other than the weather , my wife got transported to hospital for severe lower abdomen pain with chills. Getting CT scan. Suspecting diverticulitis. Meanwhile my mother in law also went to hospital for possibly pneumonia. Wth

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Damn dude.  Hope your wife is ok.  Best of luck with the CT scan results.

5 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

What a crappy night. Other than the weather , my wife got transported to hospital for severe lower abdomen pain with chills. Getting CT scan. Suspecting diverticulitis. Meanwhile my mother in law also went to hospital for possibly pneumonia. Wth

Jesus man. I hope it all works out. Thinking of you guys. 

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

lol I know you're joking but it is funny how that can manifest over time.  There is a small pleasure in melting others snow if we are getting screwed by Nature.  I think in 2014 it was cutter, suppression, cutter, suppression (Tamarack and I had more inches of rain than snow for like 3 weeks in January) while PHL, NYC, BOS got Warning events in between.  After a while, start to enjoy the cutters when you've got nothing to lose but others do, lol.  

I've always liked Ray's honesty in that way...he's got no use for someone else to see snow if he can't.  It's refreshing because there is likely a bit of that in everyone here :lol:.

I’m kidding. I do see Ray’s point but then I feel  bad about seeing snow disappear for people.  You guys will be fine. Crazy differences in elevation. 

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m kidding. I do see Ray’s point but then I feel  bad about seeing snow disappear for people.  You guys will be fine. Crazy differences in elevation. 

Ha, yeah I know you're joking...but the misery loves company phrase isn't entirely untrue.  Applies to a lot of facets of life sometimes.  This could get real off topic though.

Anyway, there's some sort of slurping noise going on out there...Mother Nature is drinking my snowpack through a straw at this point.

42 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Best of luck to you all. 

Just crazy.  I live right next to the golf course near where the 42F is...and about a mile away and one road over its 52F.IMG_1629.PNG.f09866576eee232c676bdf3adea3b94b.PNG

MVL still holding at 42F and the PWS next to the airport is 41F.  

1,500ft is 54F.

Not sure I can remember such wide variations in temps.  There's still one PWS that is 36F by the river in the lowest part of town too!  

Wonder if the best snow cover left in town will be along the low river drainages, while the elevated fields are bare.

56 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Prayers bud, Hope everything works out.

56 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Never understood any of this snow envy , melt it if I can't have it stuff. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Hopefully it isn't gall stone pancreatitis. The pain from that is almost unbearable. When they took me to the hospital with that at my somewhat advanced age in my mind I thought i was heading for the last roundup.

32 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha, yeah I know you're joking...but the misery loves company phrase isn't entirely untrue.  Applies to a lot of facets of life sometimes.  This could get real off topic though.

Anyway, there's some sort of slurping noise going on out there...Mother Nature is drinking my snowpack through a straw at this point.

The noise at the bottom of a Pico is really weird.  It almost sounds like snowmaking air blowing through pipes. And then there is the constant loud crashes of snow unloading off the roofs.  I’ve only heard the unloading this bad once.  When we woke up that morning like 3 feet of snow was gone and the trails were almost bare.  

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

CT results confirmed diverticulitis. Antibiotics for the next week. Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I was pretty scared for a bit

Glad to hear they found out what it is. I've been there done that several times with diverticulitis. Ended up having to have a colon resection. It all worked out great and never had a problem since. If you ever have any questions or want to talk just PM me and I can maybe help.

• Like 1

Glad to hear they found out what it is. I've been there done that several times with diverticulitis. Ended up having to have a colon resection. It all worked out great and never had a problem since. If you ever have any questions or want to talk just PM me and I can maybe help.
Will do, thanks

19 minutes ago, Skivt2 said:

The noise at the bottom of a Pico is really weird.  It almost sounds like snowmaking air blowing through pipes. And then there is the constant loud crashes of snow unloading off the roofs.  I’ve only heard the unloading this bad once.  When we woke up that morning like 3 feet of snow was gone and the trails were almost bare.  

Mansfield stake only lost 5" in the first 24 hours of the thaw... down from 47" to 42".  

Tomorrow night's reading will be the real test.

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Mansfield stake only lost 5" in the first 24 hours of the thaw... down from 47" to 42".  

Tomorrow night's reading will be the real test.

Hoping the crust was durable.  Especially in the woods.  Everything was covered so well it was unreal.  At least if we can start with a frozen layer vs bare ground that will be a plus.