Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Grinch 2018 Screamin Sou'easter Disco and Obs

CT Valley Snowman

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I was laughing at the posts of PF in elf shoes escourting tourists to a bare picnic table slope.  :lol:

:lol:  Snowpack is holding tight for now.  Conditions are going to be next level once it's 17F tomorrow afternoon on the mountain.  

In my experience tonight and tomorrow morning will be the real test for snow.  Usually that first 24 hours of a thaw you come out of it thinking wow this wasn't as bad as I thought!  Then the final 12 hours is a massacre lol.  

The snowpack was so cold and dense to begin with, takes some time and energy to loosen it up...then it goes with speed.

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

:lol:  Snowpack is holding tight for now.  Conditions are going to be next level once it's 17F tomorrow afternoon on the mountain.  

In my experience tonight and tomorrow morning will be the real test for snow.  Usually that first 24 hours of a thaw you come out of it thinking wow this wasn't as bad as I thought!  Then the final 12 hours is a massacre lol.  

The snowpack was so cold and dense to begin with, takes some time and energy to loosen it up...then it goes with speed.

Was thinking the same. Go to bed thinking the pack survived only to wake up to decimation. 

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah your snow is fine. Just more of a glacier.

6 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Congrats to me!  Torch.  Hit 45F a few minutes ago but back down.  Last time was 6 weeks and 1 day ago.   Snow cover hanging on.  4" at the snow stake but some bare patches beneath the apple trees.

42.4F  Moderate rain  1.27"

We're going to get the mega torch soon. I'm getting a few tastes of the really dewy stuff mixing down off and on. The Davis isn't really picking it up yet because the cold just fills back in. But the real torch air is there just off the deck.

61F at CON right now, but 39F here.

Check that...20 seconds later and I have 49F. :lol:

Just now, dendrite said:

We're going to get the mega torch soon. I'm getting a few tastes of the really dewy stuff mixing down off and on. The Davis isn't really picking it up yet because the cold just fills back in. But the real torch air is there just off the deck.

61F at CON right now, but 39F here.

Check that...20 seconds later and I have 49F. :lol:

39F to 49F to 41F all within a minute. Trying to stay safe.