Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 19th Pre HECS Huddle

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol should I call them , looks like 10 to 12 will make it. 

Place will prob be pretty dead at 1pm on a Saturday in mid-winter....no college football, no NFL playoffs now on Saturdays. But who knows, maybe there will be another bachelorette party there to paint Kevin's lips with lipstick.

OK guys...

Not sure you heard about this stupid shutdown thing, but I'm right in the thick of it, no pay and all...

Plus, there's a storm a'comin (surprise, not)!!  Even with no pay, have to have someone help out with the storm on Sunday.  Waiting to hear back for possible "overtime" coverage (haha). Have to watch the gas and $$ now, too, so I am very much on the fence about going.  Yeah, this truly stinks.  I would LOVE to see all you weenies, especially in weenie mode, but very shaky right now.  (sigh...)

Will decide by Friday night, but leaning toward no go at this point.  Truly stinks...

Hope there's a big surprise between now and then (like the shutdown ends...).  I hate wait and see, but it's wait and see...

--Turtle

• Like 2

On 1/16/2019 at 3:13 PM, WxBlue said:

Considering attending to this, but my hearing is terrible (I'm deaf with cochlear implant) so I might get lost if conversation become fast-paced.

I can completely empathize with you there. Restaurants and bars are damn near impossible for me if they're noisy, which they usually are. Deaf in one ear, wear an aid in the other. 

Throw in being on the autism spectrum as well, and interpersonal communication is damn near impossible for me. I do the best I can, but I've never been good at socializing, networking, or making friends. 

Ironically enough, I have extreme difficulty with southern accents. I can understand northern accents (i.e. New York or Boston) much better than southern drawls. Maybe it's because I grew up in Connecticut (where we don't have accents at all). I can never understand people in fast food restaurants down south...I have to ask them to repeat several times.

On 1/17/2019 at 6:25 AM, HoarfrostHubb said:

Definitely feeling bad for all of the NWS and other agency employees and contractors caught up in this bullshit.  If you show up, we will take care of you.

You're too kind.  Thanks.  Still have to play by ear.  Working on stuff here.  Plus, will be at the office on Sunday at noon.

Will keep you updated.

--Turtle

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

This has become a GTD for me, I need to scan the property and cut off any potential branches big enough to damage the crib. I never got around to do it during severe season after the Nado...then thought winter would not be a problem. 

Scan this hanging over your house.  :weenie:    You'll be fine. Come up.

46 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Scan this hanging over your house.  :weenie:    You'll be fine. Come up.

Yep. He complained for years that we didn't have one on a weekend and more central location and now he's going to bail because he thinks the ice will be so bad he needs to prune branches. 

Deserves a triple bunner:

:weenie::weenie::weenie: 

• Like 1