Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don’t agree. What PV split into Europe? Up here we don’t need -15F departures for snow. 

It's almost like he forgot that march 2018 was the first sustained -NAO we had since the 2012-2013 winter...save for maybe 2-3 weeks in January 2016 (which mostly whiffed us anyway)  

Last I checked we did pretty darned well in between those two points.  

If the NAO does tank ... that might be true for the interim ... but the whole winter?

egh, good luck.

I still think between xmass and ny the Lakes-OV-NE regions are prone to ice events. 

Scott's "schit streak" jet core running SE across eastern Canada, while the SE ridge rims over top confluence surface PP...and deep layer troposphere vortexes volleying wind maxes along in between is prime real-estate of overrunning episodes.

21 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's almost like he forgot that march 2018 was the first sustained -NAO we had since the 2012-2013 winter...save for maybe 2-3 weeks in January 2016 (which mostly whiffed us anyway)  

Last I checked we did pretty darned well in between those two points.  

Yeah not sure why the angst there. I see a split into Hudson Bay too.

32 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

If the NAO does tank ... that might be true for the interim ... but the whole winter?

egh, good luck.

I still think between xmass and ny the Lakes-OV-NE regions are prone to ice events. 

Scott's "schit streak" jet core running SE across eastern Canada, while the SE ridge rims over top confluence surface PP...and deep layer troposphere vortexes volleying wind maxes along in between is prime real-estate of overrunning episodes.

The 28th is a virtual lock ice storm