Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

34 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm still not sure that is happening....I mean, not the pace of the past 15 years, but I think larger events are going to be the rule going forward.

I don't see why that would be the case....of course, I may be missing something. I can see slightly larger events since for every 1C of warming, we get a 7% increase in water vapor...that is straight atmospheric physics, but I think we're gonna get somewhat of a rude awakening when the AMO drifts back negative in concert with a period of more +AO than we've been getting. Strongly positive AMO plus arctic amplification was likely enhancing the blocking we were getting, and it's gonna come back the other way at some point. Probably not back to the absolute nadir of the late 1980s though.

Regardless, hopefully you're right, lol...or that it's another 5 decades before that happens. Either is fine with me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

weenies in their Victorian Houses were not happy in 1874

1874-12-22 46 14 30.0 -2.6 35 0 0.13
1874-12-23 45 31 38.0 5.7 27 0 0.02
1874-12-24 40 32 36.0 3.9 29 0 0.20

victorianmen_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

The fact that this has happened every year in recent memory definitely has something to do with a shifting climate. It’s not normal and I know for a fact it makes most in this forum uneasy.  

ginx posted an example of it happening before, and there are many more examples just like it. take a deep breath and relax. it really does happen almost every year.

12 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

46/45/40...? Ginx post doesn’t come close 

You need to calm down about this climate change stuff.....I mean really??????   This didn't happen last year...it snowed last year at Xmas, but the years before, yes, it happens, been happening since I've been a kid.  It rains many times leading up to Xmas in December...been doing so since I can remember.   And sometimes it hits the 60's during the rain storms in December.  Please Stop with the doom and gloom...you'll be long dead and so will I,  before any type of catastrophic climate change affects where you live.  Holy Smokes. 

2 minutes ago, SlantStick said:

Didn't hit like 70 in February this year? That is more abnormal.

Hit 80F in Fitchburg. 

The earth overall is warming. I don’t think anyone outside of Fox News viewers disagrees with that. Pointing to one warm period isn’t your smoking gun though. Enough climate talk though. Changes showing on the runs today. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

The fact that this has happened every year in recent memory definitely has something to do with a shifting climate. It’s not normal and I know for a fact it makes most in this forum uneasy.  

We didn't get a grinch last year. Didn't take me long to falsify the statement.