Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

34 minutes ago, 512high said:

Hey Scott, last night was looking at some maps for my area showing potential 2-3" of liquid, as this over the "top"? I'm sure some areas may see that I was thinking more south of me? Last is this a quick mover?

I think that is defintely in the area. Some areas could get more. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Someone grab my shovel. I’m too tired of digging out from Anthony’s calls.

Lol. He will never miss a snowstorm...ever. Calls every single one of them. 

Christmas Eve looks like it has a chance though if the goal is to grab and inch or two...still needs a little work but not much. 

• Haha 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Lol. He will never miss a snowstorm...ever. Calls every single one of them. 

Christmas Eve looks like it has a chance though if the goal is to grab and inch or two...still needs a little work but not much. 

Can you vote for me this year for weenie of the year? =)

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

My one hope is to have snow left in my backyard after this event.  Just enough to retain the continuous coverage I've had since November 13th.  It can be crusty, ugly and useless but it is something.

Down here we haven't had any real snow since Nov 15th but amazingly there are piles left in spots. Is there a snow drought monitor?, although I am still AN, after today I fall behind

8 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

60 and rainy around Xmas again...I’m sure AGW has NOTHING to do with it...seasons in seasons. Bite me 

weenies in their Victorian Houses were not happy in 1874

1874-12-22 46 14 30.0 -2.6 35 0 0.13
1874-12-23 45 31 38.0 5.7 27 0 0.02
1874-12-24 40 32 36.0 3.9 29 0 0.20

victorianmen_1.jpg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Man that SSE screamer Friday is legit . Big wind damage potential for everyone and then we white Xmas.. lost the cutter late next week too

Cutter is alive and well for the 27-28th. Hopefully we do lose it, but it's all over multiple lines of guidance.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Oh I know. I’ve seen it on the op runs . But we’re just seeing massive run to run changes

Oh it can def change...but if it goes from Chicago to Detroit to Buffalo....thats all still a cutter to us even though it shifted 500 miles.

There's a chance it goes flatter too...ala Dec 23 last year or something. It would be silly to rule that out...esp given the complete chaos of the northern stream. I just don't see anything that warrants saying we lost the cutter. We haven't lost it.

29 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Oh it can def change...but if it goes from Chicago to Detroit to Buffalo....thats all still a cutter to us even though it shifted 500 miles.

There's a chance it goes flatter too...ala Dec 23 last year or something. It would be silly to rule that out...esp given the complete chaos of the northern stream. I just don't see anything that warrants saying we lost the cutter. We haven't lost it.

Also notice the only massive changes allowed are from a cutter to no cutter. It can't be a warmer cutter on the KFS.