Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Sneaky Wintry Event 12/16-17 disco/obs

NorEastermass128

44 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Woke up to a coating. But what is this spot? New to home ownership. Dryer vent is on the other side and septic is on the other side of the lawn.

48426073_2339789246265682_58599272827175

Do you know why the driveway is patched at the end of the stone steps?  Might be related.  Where does the water come into the house?  Is it abnormally wet in this area?

1 hour ago, PowderBeard said:

Woke up to a coating. But what is this spot? New to home ownership. Dryer vent is on the other side and septic is on the other side of the lawn.

48426073_2339789246265682_58599272827175

If what your saying is correct and the tank and leaching field are on the other side of lawn, this may be an underground drywell of some sort for roof runoff.

Did realtor have plot plan of property? It should show where septic is. If not, I'd be asking the realtor. Otherwise, go into basement and see if u can trace the main house drain line. That will at least give you some idea as to what the melted spot may be. Septic should have been pumped as part of the house sale if not done recently

48426073_2339789246265682_5859927282717556736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100%26_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx%26oh=47dea655a766bb8d7f960487d8262fb1%26oe=5C8C6B71&key=a524f5427f75ae5066da004395d4edc5d047eddcc4512c09ae53585a4376eaad

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, dryslot said:

They have quite a pack up there, They should be ok.

Ya I'm thinking so too....just hoping for as little damage as possible as I'm leaving for St. Agatha a week from Wednesday.  As I said..glad they're getting this refresher today, cuz the more they have the less damage that can/should be done...

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya I'm thinking so too....just hoping for as little damage as possible as I'm leaving for St. Agatha a week from Wednesday.  As I said..glad they're getting this refresher today, cuz the more they have the less damage that can/should be done...

Would probably end up with minimal loss to what they already had.

• Like 1

Had 0.8" on 0.07" LE at 7 AM, and only light echoes since then, so the home front may fall short of 2" - forecast was 1-3.   Still enough for a somewhat messy commute, especially since it began at the far side of Farmington - fasting blood test at the hospital.  About 2.5" in Augusta when I arrived about 9:30.  Maybe 1/2" or so since then, with some real dendrites - mainly snow grains at home.

2 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Did realtor have plot plan of property? It should show where septic is. If not, I'd be asking the realtor. Otherwise, go into basement and see if u can trace the main house drain line. That will at least give you some idea as to what the melted spot may be. Septic should have been pumped as part of the house sale if not done recently

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The main drain goes out that side but goes on a 45* angle across the lawn to get to the septic. Which is about 40' away from this spot.

3 hours ago, Flying MXZ said:

Do you know why the driveway is patched at the end of the stone steps?  Might be related.  Where does the water come into the house?  Is it abnormally wet in this area?

Good catch. I just ran out and looked and those are actually just two cracks. No patch. Had me worried for a second. Water comes in from the back right so not related.

2 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

You should get your septic tank pumped. Maybe get the entire system tested?

It was just pumped in July and passed title 5 prior to us closing on it.

25 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

The main drain goes out that side but goes on a 45* angle across the lawn to get to the septic. Which is about 40' away from this spot.

Good catch. I just ran out and looked and those are actually just two cracks. No patch. Had me worried for a second. Water comes in from the back right so not related.

It was just pumped in July and passed title 5 prior to us closing on it.

Floor drain from the basement?

7 hours ago, MarkO said:

Thats your septic tank. Leaching field likely towards the street.

Leach field was a thought I had. My parents septic was in front of the house and the leached out in the side yard (had to go under driveway) occasionally one spot, especially when the system was older would look like that in a situation like this.

Additionally, the grass was always super high in that one spot 

• Like 1