• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Meteorological Winter 2018 Banter

doncat

@SandySurvivor you can't compare the effects of Michael in Georgia since it didn't make landfall there. I'm sure you saw the damage between Mexico city Beach and Panama City Florida. Michael's affects at landfall were much worse than sandy as far as destruction in the typical sense. However sandy affected a larger area and was costlier. So it depends how you define "worse". Michael was A high end cat 4 at landfall and some suggest it may be upgraded to a cat 5 in the coming years when the full analysis is completed. Not trying to downplay sandy but if it didn't occur at high tide during the moon cycle it would not have caused so much damage. 

[mention=16501]SandySurvivor[/mention] you can't compare the effects of Michael in Georgia since it didn't make landfall there. I'm sure you saw the damage between Mexico city Beach and Panama City Florida. Michael's affects at landfall were much worse than sandy as far as destruction in the typical sense. However sandy affected a larger area and was costlier. So it depends how you define "worse". Michael was A high end cat 4 at landfall and some suggest it may be upgraded to a cat 5 in the coming years when the full analysis is completed. Not trying to downplay sandy but if it didn't occur at high tide during the moon cycle it would not have caused so much damage. 
Albany GA is 150-160 miles north of where LF was. Though the storm was still packing cat 2 winds, it was nowhere near LF

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NycStormChaser said:

@SandySurvivor you can't compare the effects of Michael in Georgia since it didn't make landfall there. I'm sure you saw the damage between Mexico city Beach and Panama City Florida. Michael's affects at landfall were much worse than sandy as far as destruction in the typical sense. However sandy affected a larger area and was costlier. So it depends how you define "worse". Michael was A high end cat 4 at landfall and some suggest it may be upgraded to a cat 5 in the coming years when the full analysis is completed. Not trying to downplay sandy but if it didn't occur at high tide during the moon cycle it would not have caused so much damage. 

look at the damage sandy left behind.  entire communities wiped out.

3D36FF05-975C-47A7-ADB3-8D007E9F9248.jpeg

D49192B3-A364-4A9B-A930-2D2C37C8C55A.jpeg

Just now, SandySurvivor said:

look at the damage sandy left behind.  entire communities wiped out.

3D36FF05-975C-47A7-ADB3-8D007E9F9248.jpeg

D49192B3-A364-4A9B-A930-2D2C37C8C55A.jpeg

Like I said, it depends how you define "worse". That happened from a fire that started. Again, I'm not saying sandy wasn't bad but IMO they aren't comparable as most hurricanes aren't to one another. Michael flattened communities from the wind and storm surge alone. 

40 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Will post this later in the main thread as well, when more of the offenders are present. 

If you declared this threat dead, “cold rain”, etc, and are in the thread to discuss anything beyond the impacts of said rain...enjoy your timeout. :)

Dropping timeouts faster than you put away Ubu’s up in Lake Placid?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Winter 2019 - a colder rainier version of 2012 - the horror

an unmitigated disaster.  No help from the PAC, AO/NAO and MJO has been mostly in 4-5....big bag of fail.   The cold we've gotten has been accompanied by dry weather....   Quite possible NYC gets to 2/1 with less than an inch of snow for met winter....hope we don't end up with a delayed spring-that's the worst a snowless winter followed by a -NAO in April...LOLz

9 minutes ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

February is our month. Anybody want to bet?

if I lose I don’t post for the whole summer if I win you don’t post for the summer 

So basically you want to bet that our snowiest month of the season on average is going to be our snowiest month?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

an unmitigated disaster.  No help from the PAC, AO/NAO and MJO has been mostly in 4-5....big bag of fail.   The cold we've gotten has been accompanied by dry weather....   Quite possible NYC gets to 2/1 with less than an inch of snow for met winter....hope we don't end up with a delayed spring-that's the worst a snowless winter followed by a -NAO in April...LOLz

Complete and utter Bs. This is exactly why I have been staying away from this board recently. 

Waaaaa waaaaaa winters over. Get real

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Complete and utter Bs. This is exactly why I have been staying away from this board recently. 

Waaaaa waaaaaa winters over. Get real

didn't say it was over.   Said that up until now, these things (or the lack of cooperation from them) has prevented a snowstorm (Even a light one) since met winter started. We could turn on a dime and have 60 inches in Feb-who knows-but you'll need to see some changes in the PAC and MJO for sure or its likely more of the same.   (and this is banter so it's ok to rage a bit here chief....:ph34r:)

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

didn't say it was over.   Said that up until now, these things (or the lack of cooperation from them) has prevented a snowstorm (Even a light one) since met winter started. We could turn on a dime and have 60 inches in Feb-who knows-but you'll need to see some changes in the PAC and MJO for sure or its likely more of the same.   (and this is banter so it's ok to rage a bit here chief....:ph34r:)

Well it’s keeping good posters away. I like this Board allot so it irks me. No way NYC makes it to 2/1 without an inch. We do that tonight.

it wasn’t a personal attack persay. And I too was venting 

4 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Well it’s keeping good posters away. I like this Board allot so it irks me. No way NYC makes it to 2/1 without an inch. We do that tonight.

it wasn’t a personal attack persay. And I too was venting 

I try to keep this stuff in banter.   it's a pseudo rage thread when things go to hell.    Hoping for a better turn events soon.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, North and West said:

My sweet summer child... were you around in the 1980s and early 1990s?

hahaha.  Just awful.  Especially with the poor modeling back then-many forecasts of snow and then you'd wake up to rain or nothing at all.   We did have some impressive arctic shots...

• Like 2