• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10 Storm Obs

John1122

I picked up 1-2 inches here in Greeneville night. Think it was closer to 2 inches. Hard to get an accurate measurement with the previous day’s snow underneath. However last night’s snow was more than what we got the day before so I will take it! Nothing like a pretty snow to get your day started. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, waltrip said:

I picked up 1-2 inches here in Greeneville night. Think it was closer to 2 inches. Hard to get an accurate measurement with the previous day’s snow underneath. However last night’s snow was more than what we got the day before so I will take it! Nothing like a pretty snow to get your day started. 

My wife said the exact same thing, lol. I measured 2.5" of new snow here, and it's still coming down. Just enough to excuse working from home today!

• Like 2

Snow depth wise I peaked this morning at 2.8". Snow Accumulation wise yesterday afternoon I peaked at 2.4" before drizzle melted it for a little over an hour to 2.2". So a little over half an inch fell around midnight. If I add up the 0.2" lost to melting and the additional snow I get 3". Mission achieved haha!

• Like 3

I wound up getting about 2 inches in Knoxville (close to Karns). We didn't receive anything significant last night. I thought it was interesting that my neighborhood still had about 1/4-1/2 inches of snow on the grass, decks, and roof this morning, but when I drove about a mile north, to Middlebrook Pike, all the snow had already disappeared. I guess that is a testament to how close the temp profile was across Knoxville and East Tennessee in general.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlunderStorm said:

Snow depth wise I peaked this morning at 2.8". Snow Accumulation wise yesterday afternoon I peaked at 2.4" before drizzle melted it for a little over an hour to 2.2". So a little over half an inch fell around midnight. If I add up the 0.2" lost to melting and the additional snow I get 3". Mission achieved haha!

I wound up with 8" in southern Buchanan County, near Council. Your post about Beartown Mountain may very well explain the microclimate you experienced during this event. I've hiked up to the summit twice and that is certainly an impressive, broad plateau by SWVA standards. 

• Like 2

This will be a storm that I will never forget. This is the one I’ve been waiting for for years. The area is slowly digging out this morning. Power is still out and will be that way for most of the day.

13 inches total. And that is with 3 hours of freezing rain. Many areas in the county have well over 15”. The snow wasn’t the hardest I’ve ever seen but the duration of 2” an hour certainly was. Just a perfect setup for here. I don’t think the temp ever fell below 32 degrees. You have to be right on the edge to get the big totals!

Really sorry to those of you that didn’t get much. BlunderStorm I’ve been in your shoes too many times to count. I’m scratching my head that you were warm nosed like that especially with NE winds for the entire event. The HRRR showed that and I thought it was nuts to show that warm nose.

• Like 4