• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10 Storm Obs

John1122

Well looks like the temperatures to support snow are about shot. I've got a mix of light snow and drizzle at 33. Thankfully it's only down from here so maybe I see things shift back. Looks like I'm locked into the comma as it pivots as I was hoping and there seems to be a heavier wave of snow forming in Scott county. I would say accumulations have topped out at 2.4. though I'm not sure if that's it.

What a day...a big snowstorm and a big Vols come back from nine down with 6:15 left today to defeat #1 Gonzaga.  Tennesssee’s biggest wins in football and basketball this year I listened to on the radio.  Why?  Snow.  We listened to the Auburn game in YNP while roads were closed in Yellowstone National Park due to a winter storm.  Today, our cable went out due to the storm I presume.  Great times.  Somehow my snow hobby and my Tennessee hobby have managed to intersect twice already this year!  What are the odds?  We did get our cable back and watched(found the replay) the Admiral put the Vols on his back with four threes in the final minutes!  

• Like 6

What a day...a big snowstorm and a big Vols come back from nine down with 6:15 left today to defeat #1 Gonzaga.  Tennesssee’s biggest wins in football and basketball this year I listened to on the radio.  Why?  Snow.  We listened to the Auburn game in YNP while roads were closed in Yellowstone National Park due to a winter storm.  Today, our cable went out due to the storm I presume.  Special moments.  Somehow my snow hobby and my Tennessee hobby have managed to intersect twice already this year!  What are the odds?  We did get our cable back and watched(found the replay) the Admiral put the Vols on his back with four threes in the final minutes!  

Heck of a win

• Like 1

Heavy snow here as well, it had been heavy drizzle after some earlier snow showers for a good while but the system is finally generating enough lift to get moisture into the snow growth zone.

I also have to say I've rarely seen snow or anything coming in from Middlesboro Kentucky. There's some 2800-3000ish peaks inbetween us, hopefully they squeeze out some of that moisture. 

Quite a blossoming of the radar. You don't often see virtually the entire half of the state just blossom with returns over one radar cycle. Looks like some stout bands set up over the area. Don't know if it's rain or snow falling but looks really heavy around North Knox, Anderson, Southern Campbell, Morgan and Union County.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Quite a blossoming of the radar. You don't often see virtually the entire half of the state just blossom with returns over one radar cycle. Looks like some stout bands set up over the area. Don't know if it's rain or snow falling but looks really heavy around North Knox, Anderson, Southern Campbell, Morgan and Union County.

Rain here in Athens

6 minutes ago, TellicoWx said:

Rain here in Athens

It's snowing pretty hard here, quarter sized flakes roughly. It looks like it'd be really coming down just south of me. Are you under heavy returns at all?

It may be because they are close to the radar and wet snow/mix is highly reflective, but Jefferson and Grainger are under some 35dbz bands. 

9 minutes ago, John1122 said:

It's snowing pretty hard here, quarter sized flakes roughly. It looks like it'd be really coming down just south of me. Are you under heavy returns at all?

It's doing the same in Greene Co at the moment. Quarter sized flakes. The radar looks good. The 06z NAM has this hanging around eastern areas until about 15z.  

• Like 2

I've managed to add 3/4ths of an inch with moderate snow still falling, getting to 32 has helped a lot in the accumulation dept. I'd guess the south end of Campbelll to Claiborne county and maybe North Knox, Anderson, Union to Jeff County added an inch or more if it was all snow for them. I know MRX said the rain/snow line was between Knox and Morristown.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John1122 said:

I've managed to add 3/4ths of an inch with moderate snow still falling, getting to 32 has helped a lot in the accumulation dept. I'd guess the south end of Campbelll to Claiborne county and maybe North Knox, Anderson, Union to Jeff County added an inch or more if it was all snow for them. I know MRX said the rain/snow line was between Knox and Morristown.

I’m all snow in Maryville/Seymour. Grass deck and cars covered 

• Thanks 1