• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10 Storm Obs

John1122

Until the flow from the SW begins to turn off, the 850s/925s will struggle against it. The shutdown is basically from Winchester to Cookeville currently. The it's up to being under the comma head and getting enough dynamic cooling as the 850s should improve after that water cannon is turned off. 

Almost to 2" of rain so far for me.

Temps  on the up and up here. 35 up from 33.  Congrats to those getting the snow in extreme west and NE Tennessee. Hopefully this warmnose doesn't blast you like it has me.  Have to hope the commahead track is good or this will become an all time bust here. I'll also have to reevaluate how I use models. As this would become an all tme model fail at the surface.  

7 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Up to 37 now as temps are torching at every level. Hopefully this is the last push of warmth from the system. It looks like Crossville may be falling and they had "precipitation" rather than rain last I saw. 

John, is it still just rain at your place? I'm still seeing a mix of sleet and rain IMBY.

Being east is winning this one.  Had ssw winds here. Killed everything.  East is getting e or ene winds and the snow line is holding fairly steady. Surprised the warm nose hasn't managed to make any progress that way but it seems to be stuck at Morristown or so.  
I am in Washington County and it's now been 100 percent freezing rain and slush for over an hour. So I'm not sure where the snow line is but it hasn't been snowing here in a good while. I'm about ready to give up for the night and hope to see a little bit of snow in the morning I guess.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just looking at the radar and knowing that it's mostly sleet now in Washington County unless there's something I'm missing - which is entirely possible - I don't see how we are going to get any accumulations at this point. But I am more of a lurker than anything.

I'm not in full panic mode since I don't understand everything like some of you guys do but I will say that if we don't get any real results from this one I will probably not believe anything until I actually see it going forward.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Moderate(maybe a bit heavier than that) snow still falling in west Kingsport.  So far, have picked up what looks like slightly more than 2" of snow on the picnic table out back.  There is a base of sleet under that.  It appears that the cold has worked its way in with the heavy rates and it has slowly moved in slowly from the east.  Looks like areas west and northwest of Nashville are getting quite a bit of snow(Clarksville and maybe Whitehouse) and also northwest TN/southwest KY.  Hopefully we will get some reports from the folks out that way.

• Like 2