• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10 Storm Obs

John1122

2 hours of virga...why? It should be reaching the ground at this point. Is the atmosphere really that dry? Also the temperature has spiked up to 35 from 32 about 40 minutes ago ugh. Patience is a virtue...Patience is a virtue...Patience is a virtue.

How you going up with virga?

19 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

How you going up with virga?

Downslope off of Clinch Mountain maybe? It's not like I'm right next to it though. It took me forever to figure out what the Nam 3km, and HRRR were doing and now it all makes sense. Downslope. If you check the latest HRRR and look into SWVA you should be able to see it clear as day. Well that theory doesn't make sense on the ground at least. winds are coming from the NE at 4mph therefore it would not be as a result of downslope from Clinch mountain. Then again the wind direction could be drastically different further up in the atmosphere thus likely being the result of downslope. Then again if it were downslope I would see a rise in temperatures here which I am but the winds at the surface are not in that direction. I don't know I guess the clouds don't like me. lol.

• Like 1

Absolutely pouring mix now.  I'm hoping not but feeling the GFS might take home the win here.  I've seen a lot of systems here but I've never seen one be a rain/snow true mix for hours on end.  It usually either goes one way or another. If the rates are what they are now and it's not changing over I'm not sure what it will take.  There's no dry air to ingest at this point and there is not great cold to the north to tap. Plus the precip type here and 800+ feet above me is also troubling. Maybe making too much of it, but not liking what I'm seeing so far.