• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10 Storm Obs

John1122

Currently 36 with a soft breeze straight from the good old West Virginia Alleghenies to the northeast. The skies are solid overcast and as my mawmaw would say are "snowclouds". My high today was a balmy 37 and it's looking like it's only going down from here. I have my porcelain tile  ready laid flat on the ground with a bit of dirt added underneath it to make the surface even on the slope of my yard, so measurements should be really accurate. It's all systems go as we got the shovels out and have the cars parked at the bottom of our driveway...We even got the bread and milk. BRING IT ON! 

SNER.jpg

• Like 2

Edit: Moving this out of the main thread since I just realized we have this storm obs thread going. John, can you get the obs thread stickied?

I reached 41° about an hour ago. Now 40° with a light breeze. Expected high was 43° but that's basically static. Though I guess 2° difference does matter when it's all down hill from here. Idk, perhaps it doesn't matter when it will probably be snowing above 32° for most of the AM, hence the heavy ratio. Probably won't get below freezing until after dawn unless the rates are absurd and it drives down the air temperature in the column much faster.

40 minutes ago, Windspeed said:

Edit: Moving this out of the main thread since I just realized we have this storm obs thread going. John, can you get the obs thread stickied?

I reached 41° about an hour ago. Now 40° with a light breeze. Expected high was 43° but that's basically static. Though I guess 2° difference does matter when it's all down hill from here. Idk, perhaps it doesn't matter when it will probably be snowing above 32° for most of the AM, hence the heavy ratio. Probably won't get below freezing until after dawn unless the rates are absurd and it drives down the air temperature in the column much faster.

I don't think I can sticky it myself but if anyone can that's fine with me.

850 0 degree line is roughly from Gatlinburg to Farragut and up the west side of the Plateau. All areas N/E of there are still sub 0 at 850.  Still running well south of the predicted 850 temps at this hour.  Not seem obs from Arkansas lately but their only sub 0 850 areas are in the first tier of counties in North Central Arkansas.

Sub 0 925 runs from Cumberland Gap to NW Anderson County and westward along the TN/KY border to about Clarksville.  925 is very chilly in Arkansas. Bubble of 925 warmth is very evident in the eastern Valley as it bumps up into SWVA. 

2M temps here were predicted to be 36 and are at 37.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1