Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,389
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    crossbowftw3
    Newest Member
    crossbowftw3
    Joined
Amos83

December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Recommended Posts

Started snowing here about 1AM. Lasted about 30 - 45 minutes and switched to sleet/freezing rain. Dusting on the ground and 34.5 degrees when I hit the sack at 2PM. Got up at 7:30 and a good 2-3 inches of snow on the ground. No way to tell how much of the snow got beaten down by sleet & freezing rain. Currently 30.2 degrees and a good amount of sleet falling from the sky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Isopycnic said:

5-6” or so, snow is no longer wet fluffy dimes but heavy dandruff. Power has dimmed and flashed a few times. 

 

Hey bro, congrats to you and all our friends in NC VA. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woke up to a solid inch of sleet on the ground and roads here with a temp at 32.  and its ripping sleet at the moment. Congrats to everyone who cashed in with the big snow totals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monster sleet pellets falling right now. We didn't get a ton of snow but the sleet on too of the few inches is making for some epic sledding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Amos83 said:

Monster sleet pellets falling right now. We didn't get a ton of snow but the sleet on too of the few inches is making for some epic sledding

I’m probably 20ish miles north of you with twice as much snow. Crazy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far it's pretty much a bust here, one mile south of the Charlotte-Monroe Executive Airport. Just a cold, moderate rain falling. App says freezing rain, but I don't see any ice sticking to trees. I guess with the Winter Storm Warning still in effect for another 27+ hours, anything is still possible. But I'm not holding out much hope for it to turn white here. Looks like the best (worst?) we'll get is icy conditions at this point. :thumbsdown:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Woke up to a solid inch of sleet on the ground and roads here with a temp at 32.  and its ripping sleet at the moment. Congrats to everyone who cashed in with the big snow totals.

we have about 1-2 inches of sleet on the ground - heavy sleet overnight kept me up - never seen so much sleet in my life since moving to Greenville, SC - heavy sleet now, chunks of ice are falling - temp very slowly rising but still 32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WeatherExperiment said:

So far it's pretty much a bust here, one mile south of the Charlotte-Monroe Executive Airport. Just a cold, moderate rain falling. App says freezing rain, but I don't see any ice sticking to trees. I guess with the Winter Storm Warning still in effect for another 27+ hours, anything is still possible. But I'm not holding out much hope for it to turn white here. Looks like the best (worst?) we'll get is icy conditions at this point. :thumbsdown:

Same here in Mineral Springs. Bummer. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Looks like the snow/sleet line runs from around Apex to Knightdale in Wake County. I'm racing another heavy band to by SE and this transition line. Might have another hour or so. 

Yeah here in Holly Springs we woke up to what looks like 1-2” of frozen something topped with crusty sleet. Currently zr falling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

You could have flew back home, just flew into the AVL regional airport and got a hotel room nearby there. Widespread foot+ totals. 

I can imagine how awesome that Biltmore mansion would look all decorated and with snow on the ground.  If I was not tied down, I'd have zipped down there.

Enjoy your storm!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×