• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    crossbowftw3
    Newest Member
    crossbowftw3

December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Just now, NEGa said:

Your power is out? Ugh. So far so good here - I hope that stays up there lol. I am surprised the power hasn’t even blinked here which is unusual ( I live near a national forest with a ton of trees)

Yeah. Had one big power surge, and then about 2-3 minutes later it went out and big flashes filled the sky.

20 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

Any reports of Thundersnow yet?  I'm looking forward to hopefully getting some in Richmond, VA here sometime tomorrow. 

Love it!  Have only experienced this twice in my life...about 3 years ago...it was cool!  Not sure if that's very possible in the mountains, as compared to the flatlands

Some winds picking up here in Todd...and I wonder if we'll get any NWF/Backside snow here in the NW mtns as this moves out???  I am not versed in the NWFS...maybe I can read about it 

Correlation coefficient line showing the snow/sleet line 15 mikes to my south. Crazy cutoffs. Hoping it stays south for a few more hours as the snow is starting to accumulate quickly!

• Like 1

Good luck to everyone! After growing up in Wilmington and attending NCSU, it's been a breath of fresh air to track a... less stressful storm here. I wish the same luck to everyone right on that edge! Thank you for your reports! I kept a steady eye on this thread and I was able to sound off a few obs during my 11 PM newscast. There's no such thing as too many obs, so if you feel obliged to report something, post it!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Freeze said:

Radar shows snow above Mooresville but its not reaching the ground.

Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 12.06.38 AM.png

If we can ever get it to reach we should be in great shape. We have to have a low dew point right now. 

• Like 1

2”+ on the deck, really starting to cake and I cant see the houses about a mile  away down the valley towards Boone, honestly have not been able to clearly see there lights for about an hour but now nothing.   321 is still clearly visible, 1/8 mile reference.   Very impressive given the reflectivity overhead, SN, 26F, 3/4” hr rates best guess.

• Like 1

Just now, CentralNC said:

That is crazy.  Not sure I have ever seen that happen on this type of storm before.

The slot from Lenoir to Morganton had that for well over three hours between 2000-2300 tonight. Couldn't figure it out. You could go 5 miles in any direction and hit some form of precip. Betting yours will end soon though. 

Still quiet in Eden. Nothing falling at all, not even the temperature. Same temps from earlier . . . 37 over 23.