• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    crossbowftw3
    Newest Member
    crossbowftw3

December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

I'm at 39 in N. Iredell county (about five minutes north of Statesville up 77). Good and cloudy but no precip. I can't wait for my kids to wake up in the morning. And, from a LONG TIME lurker, thanks to all you guys for your work here. I really enjoy reading the threads and learning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wxslug said:

I'm at 39 in N. Iredell county (about five minutes north of Statesville up 77). Good and cloudy but no precip. I can't wait for my kids to wake up in the morning. And, from a LONG TIME lurker, thanks to all you guys for your work here. I really enjoy reading the threads and learning.

Always good to hear from nearby folks.. I'm in Mooresville (grew up in Statesville)

Currently 39.2/28 DP

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SnowNiner said:

Where are you Wow in Mooresville? I'm 2 miles north of exit 36.  

I near 115 and 150 in Mooresville. Just to add to that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wow said:

I'm close to downtown, near the Mooresville golf course.

Gotcha, ok I've north of you now. Payback is coming! lol. 

Somehow the golf course ponds will give you more snow still....

2 minutes ago, GunBlade said:

Sounds about right since in a straight line I’m probably not more than a mile away.  As we all know every mile counts in this area.

It’s also changed quickly.  I posted wind changes which correlate well to increase in sleet.  Was a lot of rain and sleet and some wet snow.  Almost no rain now, maybe none and just wet snowflakes.  This is 2-3 hours ahead of when HRRR and others showed the mixing line reaching here so I’m looking forward to what’s to come. 

Yea it sounds like sleet might be mixing here now. I hope it keeps pushing south 

Just now, SnowNiner said:

Gotcha, ok I've north of you now. Payback is coming! lol. 

Somehow the golf course ponds will give you more snow still....

lol... as always

• Like 1

Just now, Wow said:

Always good to hear from nearby folks.. I'm in Mooresville (grew up in Statesville)

I'm off exit 59 right off Tomlin Mill Rd. I'll be staying up late to see it start!

18 minutes ago, NEGa said:

Glad folks are seeing some froz n precip. Still pouring rain and 34 ugh. The winds are gusting in the upper 20s mph range 

I'm with you..winter storm warning and 2" of rain..awesome sauce. At this point I'm skeptical of seeing any sleet. An occasional sloppy flake mixes in every now and then. Temps slowly creeping down to 35 now

5 minutes ago, GunBlade said:

Sounds about right since in a straight line I’m probably not more than a mile away.  As we all know every mile counts in this area.

It’s also changed quickly.  I posted wind changes which correlate well to increase in sleet.  Was a lot of rain and sleet and some wet snow.  Almost no rain now, maybe none and just wet snowflakes.  This is 2-3 hours ahead of when HRRR and others showed the mixing line reaching here so I’m looking forward to what’s to come. 

Im literally 45 seconds from where you posted you are and its nothing but a hard rain...

7 minutes ago, broken024 said:

Sounds like line is at 485 for sleet/snow. Hope it pushes south

I live off of Idlewild 2 miles from 485 and I've got heavy sleet and sloppy wet flakes. Notice more sirens from emergency vehicles. It must be nasty out there 

After the switch back to 33 degree rain for a while, back to 32 with probably a 1/2 inch of snow topped with a 1/2 inch of sleet on the ground. Starting to become mainly snow again now.

• Like 1

First of all. Dang Fish. He upped the totals. 2nd we have a lake house in Denton NC on High Rock. I can see little tiny flakes fly by here and there in the security cam. Not bugs. 

5EA18DBF-2BA0-4EC4-8E26-4BBA4B50B9BF.jpeg

• Like 1

I think the heavier returns back in NE GA will help more areas in the Upstate transition to snow once it arrives in a few hours. 

1 minute ago, Regan said:

First of all. Dang Fish. He upped the totals. 2nd we have a lake house in Denton NC on High Rock. I can see little tiny flakes fly by here and there in the security cam. Not bugs. 

5EA18DBF-2BA0-4EC4-8E26-4BBA4B50B9BF.jpeg

Lol, wral is so weird man...you never know what to expect from them

So funny, brad P has 2-4 inches for north charlotte and fish is going with 6-10...

15 minutes ago, Cornsnow said:

I near 115 and 150 in Mooresville. Just to add to that. 

I'm off Brawley school road exit 35, wondering when and how much to expect... Since like 1pm lol

3 minutes ago, GunBlade said:

You positive?  Not to sound like a jerk.  My back table is getting a coat of sleet as well. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s getting nothing but drizzle or light rain, it’s like once you get under a green radar return you’ve got frozen, if not you’ve got squat.  Hence why I went back to drizzle/light rain.

edit - I say that and just saw a few tiny flakes in the porch light.  Need those better returns to get back up here.

• Thanks 1