Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Amos83

2 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

I can't wait to see the official snowfall map for this system and see the cutoff for zilch a mile from my house.

I'd like to see an in-depth analysis of how the various models did in the lead-up to this event. It could be helpful in anticipating the next storm this winter - hopefully many more snow storms!

I'm located in between Raleigh and Fuquay Varina and the snow has been coming down!  We have been in one of the heavier bands for the past twenty minutes and I would not be surprised if we haven't added another inch or two to the three we got with the first round of this storm in the past hour.  The temperature is 32 degrees and the roads around here are passable if you take it easy on the brakes and accelerator.  This is the most memorable December snow event since the December 25-26 2010 storm for this area.

I can't wait to see the official snowfall map for this system and see the cutoff for zilch a mile from my house.
It's such a different landscape over a short distance on 401. Wake tech has pretty good snow and people sliding off that hill. Just a little slush near that sheetz and Bojangles and just wet by the food lion.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, thunderwolf said:

It's such a different landscape over a short distance on 401. Wake tech has pretty good snow and people sliding off that hill. Just a little slush near that sheetz and Bojangles and just wet by the food lion.

Yep.  I'm near the Food Lion and Chevy dealership.  Nothing but a cold rain.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thunderwolf said:

You're in my neck of the woods!  I live about two miles north of McCullers Crossroads near Buffaloe Lanes and speaking of hills, I used to go out when it snowed just to watch the accidents and to help push people out who lost it on that hill near the bowling alley.  I'll bet there is some live action going on around there!

Just now, weatherbubba said:

You're in my neck of the woods!  I live about two miles north of McCullers Crossroads near Buffaloe Lanes and speaking of hills, I used to go out when it snowed just to watch the accidents and to help push people out who lost it on that hill near the bowling alley.  I'll bet there is some live action going on around there!

I live off of Old Stage Rd., 3 miles down Rock Service Station almost to 42.  Just 3 miles north of me had an inch more snow!

54 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

I can't even begin to tell you how frustrating this is in Southern Wake.  Barely anything yesterday, gone by dinner, and nothing this morning but cold rain.  What a 

I am in your neighborhood and completely agree with this statement. I was so excited only to be so disappointed. I feel your pain.

• Like 1

Well Mr Sun is trying to come out here. The plows have virtually made it impossible to get on and off secondary roads. Even without the plows ,snow is so deep youll drag if your not way up off ground. These 12 inch snows are a whole nother animal. Wait till we dip in the teens tonight. So much water in this snow it will freeze solid all the way through tommorow. You can still move it around today even though its wet and heavy. Great Storm. Be ready for the next one after we get back from the bowl game this weekend.

• jburns unpinned this topic