Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Amos83

8 minutes ago, knowledgeispwr said:

According to WFMY's Tim Buckley, it's the sleet line: https://twitter.com/TimBuckleyWX/status/1071829495575965696Dt_nPr5XcAAY3H6.jpg

I’m right above the sleet line and there’s a battle going on in my backyard between bigger snowflakes and sleet. Coming down hard. Haven’t measured in a couple hours, but I suspect we eclipsed the foot milestone a little while ago and still climbing. 

5 minutes ago, norcarolinian said:

Just north of the sleet band here. Huge flakes just ripping. Between 13-14” here now 

I just looked at GSO's OBS and it looks like they're over 2.3" liquid equivalent so far.  No wonder this thing is such a monster.  That's an amazing about of moisture.    That includes 0.86" in a single hour from 7-8 AM.  Could that be right or is that an error?  That liquid equivalent seems off the charts for snow in one hour, so it seems a little suspect, but regardless this thing is juiced.

Anyways, looks like another case where N/W always wins in the Triad, LOL.  Seems like you should pick up a few more inches than GSO-proper, most likely (though that was expected).

7 minutes ago, superjames1992 said:

I just looked at GSO's OBS and it looks like they're over 2.3" liquid equivalent so far.  No wonder this thing is such a monster.  That's an amazing about of moisture.    That includes 0.86" in a single hour from 7-8 AM.  Could that be right or is that an error?  That liquid equivalent seems off the charts for snow in one hour, so it seems a little suspect, but regardless this thing is juiced.

Anyways, looks like another case where N/W always wins in the Triad, LOL.  Seems like you should pick up a few more inches than GSO-proper, most likely (though that was expected).

Yeah.  Sleet tried to mix in for a few minutes but back to all snow. CC radar shows sleet line shifted back south of I-40 for now. And that “10 miles north” rule is still in effect hahaa

Just now, norcarolinian said:

Yeah.  Sleet tried to mix in for a few minutes but back to all snow. CC radar shows sleet line shifted back south of I-40 for now. And that “10 miles north” rule is still in effect hahaa

I'm just south of I-40 in SW Winston and our sleet seems to be changing back to snow. Big flakes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

Just got back from Boone, only a couple places are open and they are starting to dig out.  421 has that look with people walking down the middle of the road.  The stick on our deck is 19”, in the open area it’s knee deep.  Saw this guy in Boone...

B0BA0634-B4DD-476C-8BFB-097D8901CDBD.jpeg

Jim Cantore!!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

Just got back from Boone, only a couple places are open and they are starting to dig out.  421 has that look with people walking down the middle of the road.  The stick on our deck is 19”, in the open area it’s knee deep.  Saw this guy in Boone...

B0BA0634-B4DD-476C-8BFB-097D8901CDBD.jpeg

Your son is quite a bit bigger than he was on our VA chase. Time is speeding up.

• Like 2

• jburns unpinned this topic