Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Amos83

43 minutes ago, palmettoweather said:

Meh, it was the usual in the Western Upstate. Warm nose reared its ugly head. Glad to hear some others got snow though, especially RDU.

0.5-1 inch at best in Pendleton, mostly sleet. Need to learn to listen to the NAM's better resolution, FV3 Kuchera ratio betrayed me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah way too much sleet for us. 2.5 on the table, 3 in the yard here. It's beautiful and happy to get it. It would just be nice for NEGA /Western upstate to be able to experience a double digit snowfall, just once. It's certainly nice to see our small events each year, but it's also hard to see so many people get the big nice ones and it never be US. Congrats to everyone in both carolinas who scored big; I'm jealous of all your 8-16 inch totals!!!

6 minutes ago, TriadDeac said:

NW High Point

12” 

Light snow / sleet mix

Very windy at times

Absolutely gorgeous Winter Wonderland...

My parents just sent a picture from NE High Point.  They didn’t measure, but it looks like more snow than I ever saw in a storm at that house in my time there and looks like a foot or so.  Amazing.  It’ll be interesting to see what the liquid equivalent ends up being in GSO.  Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s approaching 2”.

Anyways, no snow here.  At least it’s warm, I guess, LOL......

• Like 1

Happy to see mostly everyone score a decent event. Totals here ranged between 2-8 inches across the county of varying amounts of snow/sleet. Wind was a major issue. Trees are down everywhere and Georgia Power has their work cut out for them. Ended up just a couple of degrees at each level of getting the big one here, as qpf was over 3 inches here. Officially putting us over 100 inches on the year now. Hoping this is just a sign of things to come this winter.

36 minutes ago, jburns said:

Freezing rain mixed with some sleet. That can stop any time it wants. The sooner the better.

Yea its glazing the limbs i noticed. Thankfully when it was ripping snow this morning the wind was strong it cleaned out the trees.  But this next little 1 to 3 tonight , the limbs will catch every flake with that glaze on them.

And well get freezing drizzle during the lull all evening

10 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Close to a foot in Danville. Looks like another couple hours left 

Should last more than a couple more hours.... looks to change and mix with sleet around 5 or 6 this evening... as that moisture moves up from the south, that cutoff should fill back in with moisture as it pivots.

Just now, BornAgain13 said:

Should last more than a couple more hours.... looks to change and mix with sleet around 5 or 6 this evening... as that moisture moves up from the south, that cutoff should fill back in with moisture as it pivots.

pure snow will only be a few more. The pivot will be a mess of zp/ip or snow looking at HRRR

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic