Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Amos83

1 minute ago, RU848789 said:

Anyone in Charlotte - haven't seen any reports from there for some reason - looks like it was a few inches of snow/sleet then lots of freezing rain for most...

Bc there’s not much to report lol.  We all woke up and saw feeezing rain and nothing else. I posted a cpl pics earlier of trees in my backyard.  Sagging bad and a few transformers have blown and lights flickered. 

2 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Anyone in Charlotte - haven't seen any reports from there for some reason - looks like it was a few inches of snow/sleet then lots of freezing rain for most...

Started as rain, turned to snow, then sleet, then freezing rain, then more sleet, now just plain rain. Uptown Charlotte.

Currently have 2.5 inches of compacted frozen slop everywhere. Including the rain we are getting now my guess is 3.5-4 inches of frozen precip that accumulated, which is right in line with forecasts.

47 minutes ago, tazaroo said:

I have 5 inches of snow/sleet here in ne Randolph county. I am right on the line inbetween the good stuff toward Greensboro and the big 0  25 miles below me.  Looked better last night the NWS had me in the 8-10 band but could be worse for sure.  I feel bad for the upstate SC, Se Charlotte and Moore county folks were also supposed to get a lot more and got warmed nosed worse than me.

Praying the zr stays away.  Heavy pingers now.

received_975104916030843.jpeg

Don’t feel bad for the Upstate. It was a good storm especially for early December. Greenville County has 2 to 10 inches of snow and sleet. I ended with 6 inches at my house. I’ll take that kind of snow storm any day of the winter! 

9 minutes ago, bannerdude said:

Believe I'm finally done with the snow here in Durham. Measured 10.75" on the deck. Around 9.5" in the back yard. After the dog did around a thousand zoomies, the yard is now a very compact 3".

LOL, That is what happens when we get snow too. The pups love it.

Don’t feel bad for the Upstate. It was a good storm especially for early December. Greenville County has 2 to 10 inches of snow and sleet. I ended with 6 inches at my house. I’ll take that kind of snow storm any day of the winter! 
Meh, it was the usual in the Western Upstate. Warm nose reared its ugly head. Glad to hear some others got snow though, especially RDU.

0.5-1 inch at best in Pendleton, mostly sleet. Need to learn to listen to the NAM's better resolution, FV3 Kuchera ratio betrayed me.

NAM also outperformed the HRRR, which is odd because the HRRR should have a better grasp on thermals, and especially considering that it is funded a lot higher than the NAM for R&D.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic