• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Amos83

So far it's pretty much a bust here, one mile south of the Charlotte-Monroe Executive Airport. Just a cold, moderate rain falling. App says freezing rain, but I don't see any ice sticking to trees. I guess with the Winter Storm Warning still in effect for another 27+ hours, anything is still possible. But I'm not holding out much hope for it to turn white here. Looks like the best (worst?) we'll get is icy conditions at this point. :thumbsdown:

5 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Woke up to a solid inch of sleet on the ground and roads here with a temp at 32.  and its ripping sleet at the moment. Congrats to everyone who cashed in with the big snow totals.

we have about 1-2 inches of sleet on the ground - heavy sleet overnight kept me up - never seen so much sleet in my life since moving to Greenville, SC - heavy sleet now, chunks of ice are falling - temp very slowly rising but still 32

2 minutes ago, WeatherExperiment said:

So far it's pretty much a bust here, one mile south of the Charlotte-Monroe Executive Airport. Just a cold, moderate rain falling. App says freezing rain, but I don't see any ice sticking to trees. I guess with the Winter Storm Warning still in effect for another 27+ hours, anything is still possible. But I'm not holding out much hope for it to turn white here. Looks like the best (worst?) we'll get is icy conditions at this point. :thumbsdown:

Same here in Mineral Springs. Bummer. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Looks like the snow/sleet line runs from around Apex to Knightdale in Wake County. I'm racing another heavy band to by SE and this transition line. Might have another hour or so. 

Yeah here in Holly Springs we woke up to what looks like 1-2” of frozen something topped with crusty sleet. Currently zr falling.

21 minutes ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

You could have flew back home, just flew into the AVL regional airport and got a hotel room nearby there. Widespread foot+ totals. 

I can imagine how awesome that Biltmore mansion would look all decorated and with snow on the ground.  If I was not tied down, I'd have zipped down there.

Enjoy your storm!

• Like 2

• jburns unpinned this topic